Thread: ACK loop during first boot up.

Just burned his ISO

Default ACK loop during first boot up.

I have been running BT2 live for the last month or so, and i have decided to install it.

I install it and everything seems to go fine. I reboot and at some point during the boot up i get an error.

atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program might be trying to access hardware directly.

I have spent the last couple hours on google, and irc chats trying to find answers to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    Mike

Just burned his ISO

Hi,
    i got exactly the same message after reboot. I followed the instructions in the install-hd-manual, that means i killed all partitions on my laptop and generated one (hda1) 50MB primary partition (linux type code 83) the next a linux swap (type 82) partition with 521MB (hda2) and the last one hda3 as linux partition (code 83) with more than 90 GB. Then i formated hda1 and hda3 with ext3 and after mounting them i started the nice installer. I told him the destination is hda3 respectively /tmp/bt2 (my mointlocation for hda3) and the source: /boot just as on the screenshot in the pdf-tutorial. I choosed the full -installation (2,7gb) and after sucessful ending i made a reboot, removed the disc an got the same message in a loop like kelsey

what was wrong?? :-/

thx for your help

(i forget to tell, i activated the first one as boot-partition)

Just burned his ISO

Wink

Hi so I got the same message as you did have ..

so I tried 3 times to install it but still the same mess..

So plesa guys ,I need some help

and if you found a solution please send me a mess

thank you guys

Rabah

Just burned his ISO

HI GUYS :-)
    I installed bt2 sucessful. First a comment: (my first failed trial yesterday) i booted from disc and did all the instructions in graphical mode (partition deleting, new creating, formating, mounting and installing). I don't know if this is important but i used the whole time an external usb-disk to listen to great musik an i surfed and maybe used other processes (so there was maybe an access on my harddisk and this the cause for faulty bt2-installation...)

The best advice i can give you is to use the pdf-hd-install manual (i'm not allowed to post urls :-/ so follow remote-exploit.org -- free projects -- backtrack -- documentation -- backtrack harddrive install link). I did all instructions in textmode and started the graphical mode first when i needed to use the installerprogram. Maybe the most important hint:
    Source (BackTrack CD): no entry !!!!!!!!
    Install BackTrack to: /tmp/bt2
    Write MBR to: /dev/hda
    Install method: Real (what you like more)
    after install i rebooted sucessful without disc and smiled ;-)

ok, hope that helps
    now playing with my new toys *g*

ciao, hackbert

Just burned his ISO

I tried to install BT2 as specified in the install pdf
    At first boot after install I got the message "No opperating system installed"
    When I booted with the CD again, it turned out that the /boot was empty and nothing was copied there during install (no vmlinuz etc was present).

I then manually copied all files from the cd to /boot in the HD and rebooted.

Then all seemed to work ok, but during boot I to got the error:
    atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some program might be trying to access hardware directly.
    This message keeps filling my screen (looping) and the only way to get out of this is to use the power button.

Has anyone any idea what this is about and how to fix this?

I'm eventually trying to get things running with a winXP dualboot on my HP Pavillion ZE5400 with Netgear WG511T

Just burned his ISO

I re-fdisk-ed the drive and did a complete new install (again)
    This time everything seems to work.
    BackTrack is running from my HD now and with Grub in place, I now have a nice WindowsXP / Backtrack dualboot system.