Thread: Advice: Getting data out of Metasploit DB

Just burned his ISO

Default Advice: Getting data out of Metasploit DB

Morning

I would really appreciate some advice as to the best way to get data out of Metasploit? I have some really useful data in it which I can get to using the db_hosts, etc. but now I need to take it out to reformat for a report.

I know there's an export, but it doesn't export all information. I'd really appreciate someone with more experience explainng what approach he/she takes, etc. / any help.

Regards

Default Re: Advice: Getting data out of Metasploit DB

It isn't a matter of getting the data out of Metasploit, it's a matter of getting the data out of your database. Just go open up your database outside of Metasploit and have at it.
    Computer security is a temporary condition.

Learn SQL.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for the really unhelpful response.

I know I can take the database and query it directly - that goes without saying. What I was asking for was anything that's already in place to make life quick and easy, just like Metasploit. This is supposed to be a beginners forum so you shouldn't be surprised by questions like this.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

I would suggest you check out the metasploit unleashed documentation. There is plenty of info on how to work with the info in the db's you create.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Quartercask View Post
    Thanks for the really unhelpful response.

I know I can take the database and query it directly - that goes without saying. What I was asking for was anything that's already in place to make life quick and easy, just like Metasploit. This is supposed to be a beginners forum so you shouldn't be surprised by questions like this.
    I wasn't surprised hence my answer. Learning SQL to pull info directly from the DB seems like the easiest solution, then you can do exactly what you want with it.

I'm not really sure how you expect to get data out of the DB if you don't want to use SQL. Perhaps you're looking for another GUI that can manipulate it, I dunno.

You could simply work with the raw tool output files (i.e.: the files from nmap, etc) with any number of open source and public tools (check google) or use python (or similar) to write your own parser.

Without knowing what data you have, what data you need, and in what format you need it we're not really in a good position to offer anything more complete.

As the lack of details currently stand I'll suggest that perhaps Armitage could help you.....but that's a shot in the dark.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions.

I've since found I can query mysql direct from BT so problem solved.

Thanks again

I have used iReports (http://jasperforge.org) in the past, part of the jasperserver and jasperreports software. I stumbled on it from using OSSIM, they use it to report from the MySQL db that they use. I've always wanted to play around with creating some reports from the Metasploit DB, but never have had the time to do it. You should be able to install iReports without the jasperServer to create and export reports.

If you are so inclined to do so, give it a shot and let me know how it works....

Just burned his ISO

This site may help some one http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Metasploit/UsingMetasploit

Also dont forget to install phpmyadmin

apt-get install phpmyadmin
    choose apache2

/etc/init.d/apache2 start

/etc/init.d/mysql start
    127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin on your browser and login
    login root
    pass toor
    To access you database (Metasploit)
    you can do all this from command which i recommend...(Plain Fun)