Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new stuff

Developer

Cool new stuff

Im posting this in the newbie section because others might have the same question. ive cracked MY!!!! ap and now what can i do with this information. im used to the command prompt box and nmap and other various tools in windows but not in back track so if sombody could help finish this senario.... ive cracked the wep of my ap and i need the ip of the ap and all the other boxes on the same range in my case 1 ap,2 laptops and 3 desktops. in windows i simply ipconfig and the default gateway is my ap,s ip address. so what tool can i use after i assosiate with my network to get a list of all ips on the ap so that i can nmap or somthing else. all the tools ive investegated with google require ips of course but i need to learn how to get those. next i want to cange my admin username and password on my router so when i conect dirrect via ip from backtrack how can this be circumvented. is brute force the only way or what . im real unfamilier with pass cracking. just let me add that this iss all for my own network security and i dont want to steal my neighbors wifi or hack my girlfriends e mail or any stupid shit{thats illeagle}. if some one could write a tutorial about waht to do after we have the key thated be great. or if there already is one please post the link and tell me to **** off and study. cheers ok so ive found this tool auto scan which gave we all the network ips and it was very easy to use with a wizard type interface. now how come when I type The Ip of my desktop into my laptop thats using BT do i not get an answer. I'm trying a simple senario like dumping the c drive of a desktop onto a external hd with back track. somthing a wardriver would do a then search through the info at home.some one please point me in the right direction

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    Im posting this in the newbie section because others might have the same question. ive cracked MY!!!! ap and now what can i do with this information. im used to the command prompt box and nmap and other various tools in windows but not in back track so if sombody could help finish this senario.... ive cracked the wep of my ap and i need the ip of the ap and all the other boxes on the same range in my case 1 ap,2 laptops and 3 desktops. in windows i simply ipconfig and the default gateway is my ap,s ip address. so what tool can i use after i assosiate with my network to get a list of all ips on the ap so that i can nmap or somthing else. all the tools ive investegated with google require ips of course but i need to learn how to get those. next i want to cange my admin username and password on my router so when i conect dirrect via ip from backtrack how can this be circumvented. is brute force the only way or what . im real unfamilier with pass cracking. just let me add that this iss all for my own network security and i dont want to steal my neighbors wifi or hack my girlfriends e mail or any stupid shit{thats illeagle}. if some one could write a tutorial about waht to do after we have the key thated be great. or if there already is one please post the link and tell me to **** off and study. cheers ok so ive found this tool auto scan which gave we all the network ips and it was very easy to use with a wizard type interface. now how come when I type The Ip of my desktop into my laptop thats using BT do i not get an answer. I'm trying a simple senario like dumping the c drive of a desktop onto a external hd with back track. somthing a wardriver would do a then search through the info at home.some one please point me in the right direction
    Why not use nmap? It's not just a Windows tool. It's installed as a part of BT2.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Developer

oh. i fell stupid. i guess ill go to insecure.org and try and figure out the linux commands. can any one answer this. when i type my routers ip address in my desktop windows p.c. i get the user name/password log in screen but when itype it in my laptop in bt2 i get nothing....?

oh. i fell stupid. i guess ill go to insecure.org and try and figure out the linux commands. can any one answer this. when i type my routers ip address in my desktop windows p.c. i get the user name/password log in screen but when itype it in my laptop in bt2 i get nothing....?
    The commands for nmap are basically the same in Linux as in Windows.

I'm assuming that you're talking about the router's web interface. If that's the case, there shouldn't be any difference whether you are using Windows or BT2. http://192.168.#.# (whatever the IP is) should take you there.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Developer

Smile

thats what i tried i guess its just configuration. now im frustrated because im trying to get im my web interface to chage the default password which ive never changed so i figured it would be easy to locate with a bit of googling . so i find this great list http://www.phenoelit.de/dpl/dpl.html but my linksys wrv2000 is not listed on here. if you guys know or have a information data base im not aware of please share. i guess i could reset it but that would be a pain

Hmm, im not sure since its a vpn router, maybe its not so common?

thats what i tried i guess its just configuration. now im frustrated because im trying to get im my web interface to chage the default password which ive never changed so i figured it would be easy to locate with a bit of googling . so i find this great list http://www.phenoelit.de/dpl/dpl.html but my linksys wrv2000 is not listed on here. if you guys know or have a information data base im not aware of please share. i guess i could reset it but that would be a pain
    Also, not sure if you tried or not, but the default for most linksys is

username: [blank]
    password: admin

Developer

now im at this point.....some googling told me that on the bussiness linksys routers its user name root password admin ....well the root part takes and stays in the box but the pass word is not admin. so next how can this be over come im trying cain@able on one of my desktops but im not familier with password recovery of any sort plus i would like to use backtrack ever since i started using linux my windows sucks worse and worse.....any help would be apreciated. this is my net work by the way so any kind of accsess is fine and possible

you could just reset it. HOld the reset button for 30 secs and you'd be done. You mentioned you didn't want to do that, but works smarter, not harder?

Developer

I could reset it and i dont want anyone to think im doing any thing non legit but i would like to crack it or whatever. im not really a hacker and security at my work is not a huge issue but im the owner and this is my new hobby. im kind of testing. i know a experianced hacker could easiley infiltrate our system but what im curious about is how fast your average kid that saw anti-trust or hackers and thought it was cool could get on the internet ,aqire the tools and know how{basic of course} and run some sort of dos or otherwise comprimising situation on my system. I realize the subject of wirless password recovery is a touchey one so if no one can help i understand....................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast