Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hung process eating all CPU time

Default Hung process eating all CPU time

Hi All,

Since today i experience a strange problem with BT 2 final. After bootup, BT2 becomes terribly sluggisch. Leetmode shows that some process is eating all CPU time.

Usr is constantly bouncing between 70 and 80 %
    System is bouncing between 20 & 30 %

Top shows X as the process with the highest CPU utilization which is around 30 %. However, obviously X is really a requirement and i can't imagine that X is the cause of all problems. However, i can't find any other process that is consuming excessive CPU time.

Any ideas or tips are highly appreciated.

Well since i haven't got a response yet, maybe this isn't such a stupid question after all.

Nobody has ever encountered such an issue? Or knows how to find the culprit?

Developer

Cool

i encountered the same problem and could not track it down so i re-installed and every things been groovy since

Developer

Unhappy

now im having the same problem again

I reinstalled BT 2 as well...and so far , so good. But i am still very curious what causes this excessive CPU utilization. So if anyone has any clue.....

Just burned his ISO

What are the specs of the machine (CPU and RAM capacity)?

What DE/WM are you using?

I've BT installed on a 1.1GHz laptop with 256M of RAM (max capacity is 512...a good indication of older technology). I try to avoid running KDE. I've tested it and its decent, but WM seems far lighter.

Just some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by unixfool View Post
    What are the specs of the machine (CPU and RAM capacity)?

What DE/WM are you using?

I've BT installed on a 1.1GHz laptop with 256M of RAM (max capacity is 512...a good indication of older technology). I try to avoid running KDE. I've tested it and its decent, but WM seems far lighter.

Just some thoughts.
    The machine is a HP NX5000 1,5 Ghz centrino with 512 megs memory. I use the default BT 2 DE, which is KDE.
    The laptop was running like a charm, until that hung process caused the laptop to be sluggish and unusable.

Developer

Exclamation

toshiba satelite
    intel cpu
    t2300@1.66Ghz
    1.66ghz, 0.99 gb of ram

i should have plenty of cpu and my problem is the same every thing is sluggish. i reinstalled again and i took out the auto dhcp start up and the leetmode autostart up just in case that had any thing to do with it. I read there was a fix for this problem but know i cant find it so PLEASE sombody help me out....

OK, well, a couple of days after a complete reinstall i experience the same issue. a sort of "ghost" process is using almost all CPU time. CPU utilization is again > 80 % continously with no running programs.

A little help would be appreciated..

Developer

Talking

i would also REALLY like some help with this. Ive reinstalled twice and so far so good this time but im keeping my fingers crossed. Surely were not the only to that had this isssue. I know i read about it somewhere,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast