Hello, i searched and tested, but i swear i don't see where the problem lies.
First method (with no clients connected):
1. Setup WEP open AP
2. Started Backtrack from Stick. Tested if my card supports injecting. i got 100%.
3. Started card in monitor mode with:
airmon-ng start wlan0 6 (my AP is on channel 6)
4. aireplay-ng -1 0 -e ASD -a 00:14:6C:7E:40:80 -h 00:09:5B:EC:EE:F2 mon0
I copied the APs MAC from: airodump-ng -c 6 -w /tmp/dump --bssid 00:09:5B:EC:EE wlan0
The aireplay-ng errors out with:
Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: 00:14:6C:7E:40:80) on channel 6
No such BSSID available
=> what i concluded is: if no clients are connected to the AP the cracking does not work!
1. connected 1 laptop to the ap and started Pinging google
2. started airodump-ng -c 6 -w /tmp/dump --bssid 00:09:5B:EC:EE:F2 wlan0
3. started aireplay-ng -2 -b 00:09:5B:EC:EE:F2 wlan0
It finds the package, i hit Yes, it starts injecting, but the IVs dont grow..
What am i doing wrong?!
I tried multiple locations multiple APs...
Any hints would be apreciated