Thread: Is there a guide explaining how to use deauth and injection techniques to crack WEP?

Just burned his ISO

Default Is there a guide explaining how to use deauth and injection techniques to crack WEP?

I am looking for an EASY step-by-step guide explaining how to commence a deauth attack so I can use Aireplay to listen for packets and then use packet injection to speed up the process to crack WEP. I found out about BackTrack through this article about Auditor which is a couple of years old:

smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/24244/98/

This 2 part article was great because it included a real basic description of how to crack WEP that even a novice could understand. I am looking for a similar article describing how to use the tools within BackTrack. Is there an alternate / updated tutorial somebody could point me to?

In particular, I am wondering if Airoreplay now includes the ability to commence a deauth attack, or do I have to use void11? Is there an alternative program to void11? The deauth stage is really where I am having problems.

I did search these forums but I came up with so many guides and the language they used raised so many questions that I was more confused before I read the guides than afterword. If somebody can point me to a (written) guide that is simple and well laid out that would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Angry Wtb search and actually read maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by charliep View Post
    I am looking for an EASY step-by-step guide explaining how to commence a deauth attack so I can use Aireplay to listen for packets and then use packet injection to speed up the process to crack WEP. I found out about BackTrack through this article about Auditor which is a couple of years old:

smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/24244/98/

This 2 part article was great because it included a real basic description of how to crack WEP that even a novice could understand. I am looking for a similar article describing how to use the tools within BackTrack. Is there an alternate / updated tutorial somebody could point me to?

In particular, I am wondering if Airoreplay now includes the ability to commence a deauth attack, or do I have to use void11? Is there an alternative program to void11? The deauth stage is really where I am having problems.

I did search these forums but I came up with so many guides and the language they used raised so many questions that I was more confused before I read the guides than afterword. If somebody can point me to a (written) guide that is simple and well laid out that would be very helpful.

Thanks.

Tutorials & Guides Section >>>>>> That way

/headdesk literally

............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................\,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:”........./
    ............../......__........................................:` .........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`..... }............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Just burned his ISO

Perhaps you could be so kind as to provide a link?

Quote Originally Posted by charliep View Post
    Perhaps you could be so kind as to provide a link?
    Go to the front page of the forum. There is a section specifically labeled "Tutorials and Guides." Click it.

Or, click here.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Go to the front page of the forum. There is a section specifically labeled "Tutorials and Guides." Click it.

Or, click here.
    I think you are much more patience than I

Quote Originally Posted by Eristic View Post
    I think you are much more patience than I
    Not much, I guess I'm just in a Spoonfeeding mood today.

It's not rocket science.

1) Visit http://www.google.com

2) enter "deauth tutorial" or "wep crack tutorial" (or other obvious search string)

3) click "Google Search"

Always amazing "I wanna haxor things! But I can't even do a web search. Help me!"

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    It's not rocket science.

1) Visit http://www.google.com

2) enter "deauth tutorial" or "wep crack tutorial" (or other obvious search string)

3) click "Google Search"
    Couldn't have said it any better myself.