Thread: Easy to install Wireless N Usb device

Just burned his ISO

Default Easy to install Wireless N Usb device

My laptop has built in wireless b/g which works fine with all the tools, but I get absolute crap range in my house because of a lot of interference. I have a Netgear WNDA3100v2 which works just fine in Windows, but I can't for the life of me get to work in Backtrack 4 R2. I tried as many tutorials as I could find (not many).

If there is anyone who has recently purchase a wireless N usb adapter which works with all the tools in Backtrack, and is relatively easy to install (ndiswrapper was also giving me trouble, so I mean EASY) can you please share the brand and model?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Easy to install Wireless N Usb device

Also, I tried to search on this forum and google but it is difficult to find results for a specific model for R2 which installs easily.

AWUS036NH

and don't respond to your own posts please, just edit them.... otherwise the blue meanies come along and thump you in the head.

and-and...ndiswrapper is not your friend. you should read up on what you are trying to do a bit more...
    -----------
    ~peace
    MacPhail

Just burned his ISO

I received the awus036NH this morning. I plugged it in, started the network, and had my internal wireless device with the switch in the off position.

lsusb recognizes the device and the blue light turns on. It says it has the RT2870/3070 chipset. Ifconfig doesn't show any wlan0, and WICD manager provides no results.

Any tips? I tried to look at some tutorials, but instructions seemed to be mixed, and i don't want to make the situation worse by messing around with the drivers unless i can get some specific steps.

Thanks!

Follow up: So I had to change the WICD interface to wlan1 instead of wlan0, and everything seems to be working fine. It picks up quite a bunch of networks all with 100%. However, when I tried to connect to my network, sometimes I can't obtain an ip address no matter how many times I try. Anybody else ever have this problem?