Thread: Which wireless cards can do deauth and packet injection?

Just burned his ISO

Default Which wireless cards can do deauth and packet injection?

I have three WIFI cards with the following chipsets:

Hawking Hi-Gain WLAN USB Adapter 802.11b H-WU36D Prism2/2.5/3 chipset

Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter WM3B2100 mini-PCI Intel/Symbol/Philips chipset

Netgear WAG511 802.11a/b/g Cardbus Atheros chipset

Can somebody please tell me Which of these wireless cards can do deauth and packet injection? Do I need to install alternate drivers in order to get BackTrack 2 to work with these cards?

Thanks.

Just burned his ISO

To be clear, I did read the list of wireless cards and I did read the Wiki and see that my Netgear card is included in the Wiki. It also appears that the IPW2100 is included as well. Is that the same as my Intel WM3B2100?

I want to do deauth, packet injection and packet listening all with a single notebook so I think I will need multiple cards to do this. If all of this can be done with a single card at the same time then please confirm that the Netgear can do all three of these and please point me to a How-To.

Smile

charliep,

I am a noobie also but from my last week's research and BT2 usage, your 1st and 3rd cards have the right chip sets to do the full monty.

Best approach is ... guess what?.....get right in there and try them. See if they work first in monitor mode...then you are 80% there. Then try the famous troika: airdump, aireplay, aircrack....on your own system with a know 64 bit WEP.

But, have fun!

alacrity