Thread: Java payload problems with WEP, but not WPA2?

Just burned his ISO

Default Java payload problems with WEP, but not WPA2?

When trying a cloned website attack using S.E.T. with the Java Applet method and Ettercap on my network with WPA2 encryption set, everything works without a hitch. Sessions made easy.

When trying the same attack on the same network with WEP encryption enabled (and with the WEP key entered into Ettercap), something different happens.

The "victim" computer gets re-directed to the spoofed site, but the Java Applet payload in S.E.T. never runs. The handler on my "attack" box just keeps waiting for the reverse, and never sees one. The user is never prompted to accept the unverified Java certificate. It's almost like the Java payload isn't there.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? It works on WPA2, but not WEP. What's up?

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up What the...

I finally got time to try the attacks again, and they worked without problems. I rebooted both the "attack" and the "victim" and tried again, and again it worked.

I honestly don't have a clue why it didn't work several times that I tried it before, but I guess that comes with the territory. Nothing is guaranteed to work.

The only notable difference between the failed runs and the successful runs was that on the successful run, I forgot to enter the WEP key into Ettercap.

At any rate, it works now