Thread: [aircrack-ng] WPA Wordlist Cracking Speed - 2000 k/s

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Question [aircrack-ng] WPA Wordlist Cracking Speed - 2000 k/s

Hi everyone!

I would like to know if some of you reached very high speeds for cracking WPA.

I'm running MacOS with aircrack-ng 1.1, and my results are 2000 k/s. I've got an Intel Pentium Dual Core E6500 @ 3.92Ghz.

Can you please post your OS/HardWare/Speed for cracking WPA? I'ld like to know if I can go further.

Many thanks!
    Thi.

Default Re: [aircrack-ng] WPA Wordlist Cracking Speed - 2000 k/s

If you have the right video card, you can with this tool speed up you wpa cracking. Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor, only thing, it is a little expensive and the trial won't show you the whole key and probably you pc freezes so once in a while due to 100 % cpu, but, I went from 120 keys a sec to 1800 keys a sec on an old pentiumIV, 3GhZ, no dual core and I had one of the less suitable cards for this app. So, they have a website which you can checkout and see if this is available for you.

Just burned his ISO

Use pyrit and a CUDA or Stream compatible graphics card. My hardware is and unlocked and over clocked Phenom II 550 BE and an ATI 5830. I folowed this tutarial Ati Driver | Stream sdk 2.2 (Opencl 1.1) | CAL++ | cpyrit_calpp |

I now get 56000K/S on average.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re : [aircrack-ng] WPA Wordlist Cracking Speed - 2000 k/s

Thanks a lot!

I tried pyrit, and I think this is the bast alternative to aircrack-ng. I'm facing some issues with my video card driver under MacOS as explained here: https://code.google.com/p/pyrit/issues/detail?id=242

@Pa1ch3 Thanks for the link!!!!

Sorry for the late reply.

i use pyrit with stream 2.3 and cal++ and im running just under 150,000 PMKs off of 2 ati cards

Just burned his ISO

Post Re: [aircrack-ng] WPA Wordlist Cracking Speed - 2000 k/s

Using a Phenom Quad core 9870 combined with an Nvidia GTX470, I compiled aircrack-ng 1.0 using cuda toolkit and was only getting 16,000pmk/s.
    After doing the same with pyrit and using cowpatty, i was able to achieve 24,000pmk/s

Definitely need gpu support, cpu just dont cut it!

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingDutchMan View Post
    If you have the right video card, you can with this tool speed up you wpa cracking. Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor, only thing, it is a little expensive and the trial won't show you the whole key and probably you pc freezes so once in a while due to 100 % cpu, but, I went from 120 keys a sec to 1800 keys a sec on an old pentiumIV, 3GhZ, no dual core and I had one of the less suitable cards for this app. So, they have a website which you can checkout and see if this is available for you.
    Hi

Just a friendly warning to save you time, money and electricity !!

EWSA doesn’t actually work properly and hasn’t done in any version to date.

I wasted a lot of time and money running it only to discover the mutations (upper lower characters) feature was not working. When I discovered this I didn’t even bother to test any other feature as such a basic bug should have been spotted earlier by their own bug testers.

Elcomsoft claim in their information that when selected, EWSA will check all upper and lower case versions of each word. This does not work and has been a bug they have been unable to fix for well over a year now.

This is not just about the trial version either, this was the full version.

Try it for yourself. Make a password list and include “password” in it.

Then make a key-pair using the password “pAsSwoRd”.

Make certain that you set the case mutilation to full, then run EWSA and it will fail to open your keys.

As far as I know there is no software free or commercial that can do this properly. Cain and Able’s mutations work properly against WPA but with a testing speed of 300 P/S it is borderline comedy software.

If you have paid for EWSA you need to contact them and mention this bug, they will deny it for a while and then after some persistence you should be able to get a full refund. However you do need to keep pestering them for it.

Good luck !

Just burned his ISO

I'm running pyrit + calpp with a single ATI HD 5970 overclocked GPU/RAM to 800/1300 respectively. Benchmark shows about ~165,000 PMK/s where stock clock was around 145,000 PMK/s. I tried overclocking higher but performance actually want down. the OC setting of 800/1300 seems to be the sweet spot for now. Will try increasing voltage to the GPU later but unfortunately in Linux there's no easy way to do this.

I've tried elcomsoft's software before. A 24-core intel server was only able to muster double the speed of my macbook pro 15" (gpu was not used in either case)...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Thireus View Post
    Hi everyone!

I would like to know if some of you reached very high speeds for cracking WPA.

I'm running MacOS with aircrack-ng 1.1, and my results are 2000 k/s. I've got an Intel Pentium Dual Core E6500 @ 3.92Ghz.

Can you please post your OS/HardWare/Speed for cracking WPA? I'ld like to know if I can go further.

Many thanks!
    Thi.
    That isnt free software, im not sure if they are allowed to over estimate your keys per second but i wouldnt put it past them.

Using Pyrit which uses Cuda, Pureh@te on the forums gets about 100,000 k/s according to his website.
    Pictures of his build are linked below
    Cuda Build

Guide by Pureh@te also in PDF form here:
    Cuda Guide