Thread: DESPERATE New help after install bactrack4 cant rebbot windows 7

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default DESPERATE New help after install bactrack4 cant rebbot windows 7

Hello my name is marc from spain, first of all i want to give thanks in advance to eveybody that can hel me.

The problem is:

I work with backtrack 4 charging from cd , i decide to intall the software to hard disk , using the archive in the desktop names : Install.sh

i think that make a mistake because i click forward all the time not change nothing

1 step was choose the city
    2 step was keyboard layout
    3 step was preare disk space ( i think that here was my mystake ) i press the first option that is : Guided - resize scsi3 (0,0,0), partition 1

the other steps dont remeber

the question is i think that i delete the windows 7 partition.

My level in linux is nothing

is my job computer and i am complete desesperate i somebody i will be very glad

hope that not lose all the info in my laptop, have a lot of important info.

Thanks in advanced for you help

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: DESPERATE New help after install bactrack4 cant rebbot windows 7

Another classic example of someone who has no business using backtrack.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

now, archangel... lets be nice. in addition to letting him know that he has no business whatsoever using BT, we should also go the extra mile and confirm for him that yes, he has certainly deleted his Windows 7 partition and all of his important info is no longer quite so important.

let's not leave him hanging with unanswered questions, after all. it wouldn't be right.

---ok, i'm kidding mac007. you PROBABLY need to research rebuilding your boot up files (either Windows or linux) so that your computer knows that Windows is there to boot. failing that, you could simply copy your old data to someplace that you will find it easy to access from BT. chances are good you still have it...

don't ask here, go Google it. you'll have much better results and a third less heartburn.
    good luck with that.
    Last edited by macphail; 01-10-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    -----------
    ~peace
    MacPhail

From memory, the installer does have warning that using it may overwrite the contents of your hard disk. That's that point at which you should stop if you dont want to, you know, overwrite the contents of your hard disk. BackTrack is probably not for you if you are not the type to pay attention to these sort of messages and strive to understand their implications before proceeding...

You may be able to recover some of the contents of your hard drive using data recovery tools, as its contents may not have been totally overwritten by the install. Id suggest you pay someone knowledgeable in the subject to do it instead of trying yourself.
    Last edited by lupin; 01-10-2011 at 12:29 PM.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.