Thread: sorry to repost

Developer

Default sorry to repost

I guess I feel stupid but Id really like to test aircrack ptw but i cant install it. i need some serious bumb ass step by step. so ive tried a few different ways. what i dont understand is after i down load it to root and installpkg...... it makes anew directory instead of going to the pentest or wherever. so i open konkeror and copy and past the file to the pentest in wireless with aircrack -ng . some one please help. im not good a tranffering files around linux i guess im still a noob even though i thought i had the hang of it. where i sit now is airscrack-ptw is listed with all the other directories i.e usr,etc,root,pentest then at the end aircrack ptw

update: for any one as new as me i found a copy and paste site........
    echo "*** Adding AirCrack-PTW ***"
    mkdir /pentest/wireless/aircrack-ptw
    cd /pentest/wireless/aircrack-ptw
    cd aircrack-ptw-1.0.0
    wget http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmsta...w-1.0.0.tar.gz
    gunzip aircrack-ptw-1.0.0.tar.gz
    tar -xvf aircrack-ptw-1.0.0.tar
    gcc -o aircrack-ptw -Wall -fomit-frame-pointer -O3 -lpcap aircrack-ptw.c aircrack-ptw-lib.c -lpcap
    rm aircrack-ptw-1.0.0.tar
    cp aircrack-ptw /usr/local/bin
    chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/aircrack-ptw
    echo "*** Simply type aircrack-ptw to use ***"
    echo "*** Updater Done ***"

download this http://www.4shared.com/file/14532094...crack-ptw.html open konqueror then click Home Folder and make sure the aircrack-ptw file is there. copy that file and open another Konqueror and click Storage Media. then click on the drive you have BT installed on. paste that aircrack-ptw file there with all them other folders. Thats it, type aircrack-ptw in the prompt and it should be working now.

Developer

thanks i got it now. but now i cant open my capture file. im going to read some posts but if some one reads this in the mean time. im injecting right now. im saving in output-0.6.cap but when i command aircrack-ptw <output*.cap> to view capture files it says could not open file

check in your root folder, the dump file will be there.
    if you airodump-ng -w output-0.6
    then
    aircrack-ptw output-0.6-01.cap
    everytime you run airodump the file will change from output-0.6-01.cap to output-0.6-02.cap so look in your root to see if its the only one or see if it has changed file.

Developer

hey thanks for your help. i saw another post of yours....

results from live cd

airodump-ng -w dump1 -c 10 wlan0

bt ~ # aircrack-ptw dump1-01.cap
    This is aircrack-ptw 1.0.0
    For more informations see http://www.cdc.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/aircrack-ptw/
    allocating a new table
    bssid = XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX keyindex=0
    stats for bssid XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX keyindex=0 packets=39290
    Found key with len 13: E0 38 17 E1 56 0F 2B DA 42 2E 74 82 7E

i'm to this point now so im opening the right .capfile but im madling injecting packets 707,000 at this point and my packets=153 after 20 min. is this just a issue with my ap .there are 3 ethernet on it and no wireless clients. any thing i could do to speed up seems like aircrack-ng was way faster than this. could my replay packet be weak?

use option aireplay-ng -1 first. and make sure you change your mac to match your fake mac in aireplay
    macchanger --mac xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx [device] how fast can crack wep with aircrack-ng.
    aircrack-ptw only works with ARP at the moment, your packets=153 so you need more arp's.
    heres a little video i made http://www.4shared.com/file/14122404...in_137sec.html you should beable to watch it on windows but it works on BT

Developer

lets start over . im at home 3 land pcs one router my laptop is bt so im not faking any thing so i associate the -1 command then i use the -5 frag attack after 4 or 5 tries i get a packet . then i packet forge, re-inject,airodump to - w output{because i read if u just leave off the ivs it is automaticaly a .cap file .the i run aircrack ptw and since we started this dialog i have only 400 packets. what did i do wrong

i could really tell ya if your doing anything wrong. are you following some tutorial you found. that video only has 2 lan pc's connected with no wireless devices.

Developer

i guess i just captured a shitty packet and am reinjecting it with lame results. i left the injection running and switched to the old --ivs capture file and ran aircrack-ng and after 10 min i only have 600 ivs. i usually have way more than that. im going to start over i guess and see if that helps. does it make sense that the packet im injecting is weak or somthing. i mean if ive sent almost 2 million and only have less than 1000 then somthing is wrong right? thanks for helping get ptw going anyway. maby ill have to test it somewhere else

Developer

Talking sucsess

baxter just wanted to thank u again i just tried a reinstall and retried every thing. I set my key to abcabcabca and ptw smoked it with only 17057 packets. lame key i know but wow that was fast. thanks again