Thread: Helpfull community! NOT AT ALL.

Just burned his ISO

Angry Helpfull community! NOT AT ALL.

i just had a question how sharing to internet connections but when i about this i got kicked. i dont think they should have done that. there was no need for it.

<bob12> i don't think, just one connection can be active, and you must switch to change the connection, no?
    <wood_Ultra10> no
    <pleonasm> so, you have two speed which are added ?
    <wood_Ultra10> i suppose you could bridge if conneced to the same ip
    <wood_Ultra10> dont see why
    <wood_Ultra10> Ultra10:/home/wood# cat /proc/cpuinfo
    <wood_Ultra10> cpu : TI UltraSparc IIi (Sabre)
    <wood_Ultra10> fpu : UltraSparc IIi integrated FPU
    <wood_Ultra10> prom : OBP 3.31.0 2001/07/25 20:36
    <wood_Ultra10> type : sun4u
    <wood_Ultra10>
    <bob12> well let's say they are 2 different ISPs
    <OpenSource> bob12 no way
    <pleonasm> yorgi, u speak french?
    <bob12> it would be nice to be able to use them at the same time
    <wood_Ultra10> not 2 isps
    <OpenSource> you can only download 1 file whit 2 mbit and onather whit 2 mbit in self time
    <bob12> ok. so if i wanted to download 2 files. how can i tell the computer which connection to use
    <bob12> like file 1 download and connection 1 and file 2 download on connection 2
    <wood_Ultra10> this must end...
    * wood_Ultra10 is now known as morning_wood
    * ChanServ gives channel operator status to morning_wood
    * You have been kicked from #remote-exploit by morning_wood (get the **** out n00b)

Quote Originally Posted by bob12 View Post
    i just had a question how sharing to internet connections but when i about this i got kicked. i dont think they should have done that. there was no need for it.
    And somehow complaining about it here will solve your problem?

Thumbs down I agree

Yeah I must say too that this IRC chat room is very unfriendly .

Quote Originally Posted by johnyt View Post
    Yeah I must say too that this IRC chat room is very unfriendly .
    Maybe there's a reason for that.

Just burned his ISO

I wouldn't give up. Either the first or second time I went in there, I got a member (Budh) to walk me through an install to harddrive. He was very patient and thorough.

Making posts like this might be a surefire way to never get help though.

At first glance, I too thought this was a QQ more post, but after rereading the chat log, I feel that bob did pose a valid question. It seemed a little benign why you would want to split file downloads with different isps but nonetheless, a valid yet odd question.

I imagine you would configure one network card to associate with a network that uses ISP1 and configure the 2nd card to associate with a network on ISP 2. Still, when trying to tell your OS which connection to use would pose a problem. In my very (unknowledgable) opinion, I would think the problem lies in the OS and currently is not possible at gui level.

And while posting about the usefulness (or lackthereof) on the forums seems trivial, I ask you, where should he complain so that future situations improve? IRC is a great tool that can be used to help others and share ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Eristic View Post
    And while posting about the usefulness (or lackthereof) on the forums seems trivial, I ask you, where should he complain so that future situations improve? IRC is a great tool that can be used to help others and share ideas.
    Just my opinion, but I think he could have posted it to the forums in a more "polite" way. Instead of "Helpfull community! NOT AT ALL." which is more of an "FU" approach maybe he could have inquired a little more gently as to why he was booted.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

in answer to your question.

you should be able to do it in windows im not sure in linux im still a noob. but what you do is setup the 2 connections on different network cards. and then bridge the connection and access the internet throught the bridged connections.

im not sure how it would work but a network bridge essentially joins 2 networks together and routes traffic to the appropriate network.

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Just my opinion, but I think he could have posted it to the forums in a more "polite" way. Instead of "Helpfull community! NOT AT ALL." which is more of an "FU" approach maybe he could have inquired a little more gently as to why he was booted.
    I agree with you in regards to his "FU" approach. Whether intentional or not, it does come off hostile. I think I just sympathized with his frustration because I too am still a noob