Thread: Please help, just trouble during installation..

Just burned his ISO

Default Please help, just trouble during installation..

I'm in installing this Backtrack 4 r2 on VMWare Work Station..
    ..till reach step 'Restart now' it becomes blank, i've no idea what to do next, according to my reference video from youtube it wouldn't be so, just blank for a moment then 'words' would appear.
    What should I do??

Default Re: Please help, just trouble during installation..

Why dont you try using one of the installation guides here at this site? If you still have problems use that as a basis to tell the forum what went wrong.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Have you checked the md5 of your ISO? Also what settings do you use on your Vmware for BackTrack? For example how much ram are you using? I run BackTrack 4r2 in my Vmware and I use 512mb of ram and I have a dual core CPU on my machine so it runs smoothly. I do know if you do not have enough ram running BT will lag at install and to restart. I have tried using an old laptop that had 256 of ram and it ran into same problem as you mention. And once I upgraded the laptop to a 512mb of ram it ran much smoother and a lot faster. Maybe this is your problem or not but a little more explanation would help us assist you. Not trying to sound mean.

Just burned his ISO

1) hm..thanks.
    2) How to check does the ISO corrupted by md5 or not?
    3) So how to uninstall the Backtrack 4 r2 as well, so I can restart the istallation as you suggested using the guide. I found nothing "uninstall Backtrack.." or something like that. Is it just delete the VMWare and install it again?

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

@OP Answer to number 2 is right at the beginning of the forum you posted to:
    How to find out if your iso is or isn't corrupt by md5 checking

Answer to question 3 is to select "Delete from Disk" in VMware Workstation.

Also, you may want to start here: Frequently Asked Questions

You may also want to start to become familiar with this: http://www.google.com/
    to search for common questions regarding VMware, Linux, etc. as this is a specialized distro for people who (should) understand at least the basics of checking MD5, installing an os, etc...
    I may have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth but it does not mean I like to be spoon fed.