Thread: Connecting pc's??

Default Connecting pc's??

Is there anyway you can connect two pc's running bt and use the power of both to brute force? ie using one as master and the other as slave for its cpu/gpu power? Both would be sat side by side so and ethernet cable is possible.

Default Re: Connecting pc's??

clustering systems is certainly a possibility and is widely used in everything from nuclear physics to looking for extra-terrestrial life. however, setting up a cluster is REALLY outside the scope of these forums.
    however, on the bright side...this is not a stupid question at all. if you sniffed around enough you could pull this off (and maybe even share your war stories).

good luck with that...
    -----------
    ~peace
    MacPhail

I know newer versions of pyrit can run with client or server mode over the network, so you can just put them both on the same LAN for WPA-PSK work anyway. I'm not real sure about oclhashcat.
    Anyway, about using pyrit this way, see here

Like the 'war stories' bit (slightly worrying), thought it should be possible its just how now.
    My mate has two mac's and mac laptop and they will connect together very easy, mind you he has tried it with bt yet.

Thank you macphail, i shall start searching now and when i get it sorted ill put up a post.

Thank you iproute, although my hardware at present doesnt work with pyrit/cuda it will do with my new machine and getting an extra cuda card wont be a problem, could be a very useable solution indeed
    Last edited by christ044; 01-06-2011 at 05:41 PM.

I'm 100% sure there is code out there for this, however its probably for windows, unless your talking about gpu cracking and in that case pyrit already supports clustering.

I'd love to see a framework developed tho, that would be sweet. Could be highly useful in a office building on off hours. Or even just setup a throttling feature. Something like Set@home