Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Problem using aircrack with Atheros AR5B91, can't get APR!

  1. #1
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Problem using aircrack with Atheros AR5B91, can't get APR!

    Hi everyone,

    Here's the deal, iam trying to use aircrack to get some WEP passwords.
    I follow this tuts,
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY152MG-Mmc
    ,
    Code:
    http://fredrik-alm.se/computechswe/Hacking.WiFi-Commands.pdf
    .
    Everything goes fine till i start to sending packets, instead getting thounsans of APR'S, i only got 5 in 1hour.
    So, that's my problem, iam runing Backtrack 4 R2 Live CD + Atheros AR5B91.
    Can anyone help me?

    thanks

    EDIT: If you dont want to help, dont post at all.
    Last edited by Darkrest; 02-10-2011 at 04:25 AM. Reason: useless answers

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Problem using aircrack with Atheros AR5B91, can't get APR!

    Couple things:
    1. If you are gonna ask other people to take the time to help you, don't make them watch the video you watched. When asking for help always post exactly what you did so others can help you.

    2. No one here is gonna be very keen to help someone who hasn't helped themselves at all. Following two guides without having a clue what any of the commands you're typing actually do != learning. The aircrack-ng website has plenty of material for you to read up on about what those commands you're typing actually do. I suggest you begin there.

    3. If you had done any reading at all you would know the -3 attack requires an already authenticated client. This is, of course, your network you are practicing on and as such when doing an ARP replay attack try connecting another wireless device to your WLAN and give it another shot.
    Computer security is a temporary condition.

  3. #3
    Good friend of the forums comaX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    338

    Default Re: Problem using aircrack with Atheros AR5B91, can't get APR!

    Quote Originally Posted by Renek View Post
    Couple things:
    1. If you are gonna ask [...] give it another shot.
    Couldn't agree more, and I don't think this thread will live long...

  4. #4
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Problem using aircrack with Atheros AR5B91, can't get APR!

    Quote Originally Posted by Renek View Post
    Couple things:
    1. If you are gonna ask other people to take the time to help you, don't make them watch the video you watched. When asking for help always post exactly what you did so others can help you.

    2. No one here is gonna be very keen to help someone who hasn't helped themselves at all. Following two guides without having a clue what any of the commands you're typing actually do != learning. The aircrack-ng website has plenty of material for you to read up on about what those commands you're typing actually do. I suggest you begin there.

    3. If you had done any reading at all you would know the -3 attack requires an already authenticated client. This is, of course, your network you are practicing on and as such when doing an ARP replay attack try connecting another wireless device to your WLAN and give it another shot.
    So the Atheros AR5B91 its good enough for it?

  5. #5
    Moderator KMDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,281

    Default Re: Problem using aircrack with Atheros AR5B91, can't get APR!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrest View Post
    Hi everyone,

    Here's the deal, iam trying to use aircrack to get some WEP passwords.
    Some WEP passwords? Just the ones around you?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

  6. #6
    Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    660

    Default Re: Problem using aircrack with Atheros AR5B91, can't get APR!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrest View Post
    Everything goes fine till i start to sending packets, instead getting thounsans of APR'S, i only got 5 in 1hour.
    Those APR's are real low right now. Take advantage of it while it lasts.

  7. #7
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Problem using aircrack with Atheros AR5B91, can't get APR!

    Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    Some WEP passwords? Just the ones around you?
    No, the ones around you to.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    78

    Default Re: Problem using aircrack with Atheros AR5B91, can't get APR!

    1. Being sarcastic with the mods isn't a great way to win friends and influence enemies. KMdave asked because using aircrack to "get some WEP passwords" is a giant red flag that says you aren't using Backtrack for altruistic intentions and in fact quite illegal intentions.

    2. You didn't answer any of my previous comments and in fact did exactly what I asked you not to do. You are on your own on this one.
    Computer security is a temporary condition.

  9. #9
    Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London, United Kingdom.
    Posts
    526

    Default Re: Problem using aircrack with Atheros AR5B91, can't get APR!

    hhmatt I got the joke.
    Last edited by killadaninja; 02-11-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

  10. #10
    Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    660

    Default Re: Problem using aircrack with Atheros AR5B91, can't get APR!

    Quote Originally Posted by killadaninja View Post
    hhmatt I got the joke.
    lol, thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. atheros ar5b91 not detected
    By bobtista in forum OLD BackTrack 4 NON working hardware
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 10:14 AM
  2. Atheros AR5B91
    By grumpster in forum OLD Newbie Area
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 11:33 PM
  3. Atheros AR5B91 driver
    By strike07 in forum OLD Newbie Area
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 04:05 PM
  4. Atheros AR5B91 not recognized BT4
    By GeeLove in forum OLD Bt4beta Non-Working Hardware
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 09:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •