Thread: Word list maniputlator

Just burned his ISO

Default Word list maniputlator

So what we have here is a bash script that make it a lot easier to manage and adapt your word lists and dictionaries.

There are 6 options:

- Combine 2 word lists into one other file; file 1 + file 2 = file 3
    - Chop a word list; this allows you to cut a word list into up to 10 parts, you just need to input the number of lines that each file should have. So if you have a 1000 line file you can split it up into 10 lines of 100
    - Search through a word list; This allows you to pull up every word with a string you define in
    - Optimise a word list for WPA cracking; This removes any duplicate words, and anything <8 characters and >14 characters
    - Find a word lists word count; Kinda self explanatory
    - Estimate the time it will take for pyrit to run through a word list; This will give you the length of time it will take your computer to test a handshake with your word list if you use pyrit. If you do not use pyrit then this output will be similar to the amount of time it will take with aircrack-ng or coWPAtty doing a standard dictionary attack

Here is a screen shot of the menu:

The top panel displays the files in your current directory. The idea is that you put the script in the folder with your word lists.

Usage:
    - Paste script into a folder with your word lists in
    - In terminal "cd /path/to/my/wordlists/"
    - Then run the script with "./Wordlister"

And you can download it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2quy8hc1i55qcsk

~Middle

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Word list maniputlator

I have updated this, there were a lot of bugs as i hadn't tested it before (Foolish i know) but now it should be awesome!

Thanks for sharing, Middle.

I highly doubt your tool will be integrated into BackTrack as there already exist enough tools and scripts to manipulate wordlists right within the standard BackTrack-DVD. Other than that your post made me smile. As for a "Custom-WPA Other Super-WPA Uber-WPA Wordlister", your work certainly doesn't have many options. But don't hang loose, have a look at purehates Wordlist Menu Tool @ Question Defense (which by the way works right out of the box when used with BackTrack 4) in the meantime. It absolutely rocks!

Welcome to the forums.

SecUpwN

Just burned his ISO

No i think you missed what the items at the top in green are. They are the files in the current directory AKA the word lists.

And i was un-aware of similar tools, i hadn't been able to find anything similar!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Middle View Post
    They are the files in the current directory AKA the word lists.
    How come you won't join all these together, sort, unique them and mangle the whole list with JTR to create the ultimate H4xX0R-1337PWN-List?
    Then you could simply split it into digestible parts and share it with the community. Seems like a much nicer contribution to me.

Indeed, cheers!

SecUpwN

Just burned his ISO

Well i have made my word list for my uses, but the point is i that everyone has different needs from word lists, for example some may be using short word lists for brute forcing admin logins of routers or table names for blind SQL and those would be very different to my 6GB word list designed for WPA cracking. Also bear in mind that for the majority of people it would take a week to work through a 6GB file, and even then the 6GB file doesn't have, say local phone numbers in or foreign words, (I'm English) it is always a good idea to use CUPP to make a list of likely words and tack that on to your usual word list.

So yes i could upload my word list made especially for WPA in my area, however there isn't much point, as the usage of word lists differs greatly and the idea of this tool is to make the handling of those word lists a lot easier!

If you really want some of those word lists google 13GB WPA word list torrent, thats what i STARTED with but now it has been cut down loads!

Thanks a lot any ways!

Just burned his ISO

I've seen a guide on JTR on another topic, but the link no longer works, does anyone know of any other guides, or where I can find some literature?

I'm trying to create some custom rules to remove some words from a few custom dictionaries...

Just burned his ISO

You could use something like this:
    Code:
    cat file1.txt | sed s/"string to remove"// >> file2.txt
    rm file1.txt
    mv file2.txt file1.txt
    That would remove all of the strings you define. So remember if you put 'a' it will remove all of the a's in the file.

Hope that helped!

Is this something you would like to be added to this script?

~Middle

Just burned his ISO

Similar to what I want, I think I may have to bite the bullet and get some tutorials on scripting!
    I was hoping for two different commands, one to remove anything <8> characters, the other would be to remove any line which contains any 3 repeating characters.

Where's the best place to start learning scripting....I'm currently at level 0 lol

Hi Diablo84, welcome to our forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo84 View Post
    I was hoping for two different commands, one to remove anything <8> characters, the other would be to remove any line which contains any 3 repeating characters.
    Well, and I was hoping you would read the whole thread before asking. Have a look at response #3 and you'll notice the link to the script which does all of that and more. cheers.

SecUpwN