Thread: Backtrack Guest (VBox) dial up connection

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack Guest (VBox) dial up connection

Yes, I know dial up is the ass end of connections, but i move around alot, so need to figure this out. Now i am a total noob when it comes to networking, and pretty much backtrack as well, i just started to learn this stuff basically. Im trying to create either a connection thatll share the internet from my Win 7 dial up or create something within backtrack thatll let me use my dial up modem. So far nothing has worked, i have tried google and such for help, nothing great so far. My win 7 does have a firewall, the windows and another, took em down, nothing changed, net dont work through BT. Ive tried messing with NAT and the Bridge, that didnt work, though i didnt think it would, Bridge said my ether card, which is not what im using for net obviously. I dont know what DNS is (domain name server?) i know what an ip address is kind of, dont kknow how to see mine though. I need this to help get apps, i got to do it through a share folder and then compile whatever tarball file through konsole... gets tedious. Btw it took me 3 days to learn how to get a share folder between guest and host cause i didnt know what directories were or the cd command, thats how much of a noob i am.

Default Re: Backtrack Guest (VBox) dial up connection

work backwards first. Without knowing anything about DNS or networking, you will fail with backtrack. You will be unable to bridge your vbox to your dial up connection. set the vbox guest networking to NAT and use
    Code:
    root@bt:~# dhclient eth0
    inside of backtrack