Thread: purchasing ALFA Networks AWUS036H

Hybrid View

Default purchasing ALFA Networks AWUS036H

I havnt been able to find an online store where it is availabe, any suggestions

Code:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290077228200&rd=1&rd=1
    Code:
    http://cgi.ebay.de/Highpower-500mW-USB-Wlan-Adapter-abnehmbare-Antenne_W0QQitemZ200098766671QQcategoryZ108239QQcmdZViewItem
    I also email the company about price quotes. They told me that "Samples" are $35... Might be able to social engineer one for that price. Since every where else is almost $80. Talk about a hugh markup.

do you know the site for the company, i googled, but i get 3 different network sites called alfa

yeah the site is www.alfa.com.tw

Product page

http://dplanet.biz/alfa.com/product_...roducts_id=342

I got this card myself its a beast!!

It sure is johnyt!

Can I just ask you though:

1) Are you using BT1 or BT2 or other version of Linux?

2) Is your linux/BT installed on your PC, or running in a VM machine etc.

3) When you put the Alfa in monitor mode how long does it take to respond?

4) Assuming you have a very good signal from an AP. When you inject, how many packets/sec do you receive back. Ie, I only get about 20-100ivs/s using the ALfa, but 300+ per sec with my D-Link.

Thanks mate!

Talking

Hi

1) I'm Using BT 2.0 Final

2) I'm running it from USB flash drive

3) I run it from Kismet the whole things loaded and ready to go in a few seconds

4) It really depends on what you mean by a good signal. The Alfa is more powerful than your dlink so it will also pick up more noise than your d-link does. If your router is sharing the same channel ( or even near ) as others in your area the Alfa can pick these up along with other wifi adaptors ect. All this extra noise can reduce consistency and slow down the old injection there. Also having high power radio devices too close together can be damaging. I have seen speeds as low as 50iv/s up to almost 200 iv/s. Its horses for courses, at the end of the day you loose a bit of speed for having a device that has a longer range its just the characteristics of radio. But hey what’s the rush I've had aircrack-ptw cracking 64bit after just 15-20k ivs 104bit with 60-80k

But once actually connected to device I get full 54g connectivity as long as there is a consistent signal 35% or higher. Again having other devices sharing the same channel can affect the consistency of that.

Hope this helps

Just burned his ISO

What version of D-link do you have? Which does 300+ivs/s