Thread: Aircrack issues

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Aircrack issues

Hello there,

I'm having two different ''issues'' with Aircrack at the moment and i hope that some one knows the solution to either one of them.

These are the issues i get whenever i try to crack a WPA2-PSK key:
    First of all, I do not know the key and I have a 10.5 GB dictionary. (dictionary only has keys that would fit a WPA key).

airolib-ng crackwpa --import passwd Whenever i use the above command, it takes days to read the lines.
    Is there a faster way to achieve this?
    Might there be another tool for the job? I know there are a lot of tools out there that can do exactly what aircrack can do but i have had no in finding one yet.

Importing a password list takes days for me, i've let it run for 7 hours now and it's still going. I don't have a clue howmany lines the dictionary file has so I got no eta on the duration.

The second issue has to do with the data i'm receiving
    Whenever I use:
    airodump-ng --channel X --write output --bssid X mon0aireplay-ng --deauth 10 -X -c X mon0i get the message: Fixed channel mon0: 1-13 in the area were the WPA-handshake would be.

Even though i get this annoying message, it does flicker for a second saying: WPA-handshake captured. And i could confirm that i had captured a handshake when i tried to crack it using an alternative and smaller dictionary.

Is there any work around this?
    I've googled this issue and other people have the same issue. I've tried some of their solutions but I still experience the same problem.

I hope some one has a solution to either of these problems.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Aircrack issues

Quote Originally Posted by pusherman2 View Post
    First of all, I do not know the key and I have a 10.5 GB dictionary.
    Why don't you know the key?

First issue i would say why do it that way? Just feed it straight into aircrack-ng, it can be slower but it starts straight away. Depending on your system too both can take some time.

They second issue needs more explaination, are you actually typing the commands one after the other?

Also agree with Snayler, if its your wireless you should know the password

Quote Originally Posted by christ044 View Post
    They second issue needs more explaination, are you actually typing the commands one after the other?
    No, it was a mistake he made using the {code} {/code} tags. (If you quote him, you'll see it)

Ah yes i see now Snayler, i know people dont want to show things like essid and bssid but why put an 'X'?? Start to wonder if they have just used an X instead of channel and bssid ;-)) (Hopes not)

Just burned his ISO AlexDaGr8est's Avatar

I agree with Slaynor,

But if you want a definite way to know how long it takes to go through your password list (assuming you actually know the password, because it is "your" network)
    Add the password at the end of the dictionary file and then it should give you an output as to how long it took to get the password in Aircrack-ng after you successfully "cracked" the network password

or if you cannot wait that long.
    Find how many lines there are in the sheet (i dont recommend counting a 10.5GB dictionary file) and put in your password in your dictionary attack at 1/100th or 1/1000th of the way into your password list and then multiply the time it took from the time you started your dictionary attack, to the time it finished.

as Slaynor said, this information is assuming you have the wireless key to your own AP

Help nerds in need

Alex

First of all, I do not know the key and I have a 10.5 GB dictionary. (dictionary only has keys that would fit a WPA key).
    Well if it's yours you should know the key, if not you should not be playing with such things.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Just burned his ISO

Thank you for your replies.

First of all, I got to clear some stuff up

I do know the wireless key to my home network (which i'm trying to crack)
    I'm just doing this to practice for a future occasion. I'm trying this on my home network so I know that i'm capable of doing this.
    I used an X because it is different in every situation and don't worry i didn't actually use that

Feeding it straight into Aircrack wouldn't work cause the key contains capitals, numbers in a mix. The only possibility would be to put it in somewhere at the start but I am unable to open it and I would have to split the file and then open it.

I'm looking for an ETA when using airolib-ng.
    I have a relatively quick system, it manages to do +- 2100 keys/s when i'm doing a brute force attack.

Another issue that i found myself in, is that the screen goes black after about 5 minutes. My system is plugged into a power source and the powerscheme is set to ''Performance''. When the screen goes black, airolib-ng grinds to a halt and i have to sit next to my laptop to make sure that it keeps on going. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Aircrack-ng has documentation, nows time to read them.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.