Just got a new Lenovo L412 laptop and thought I'd put BT R2 on it - it seems to work well, except I'm having a bit of a problem with the wireless (of course). The internal wireless card wasn't recognized (as in, wicd did not see any networks, and iwconfig just told me I had "no wireless extensions" for wlan0). So:

lspci:
Code:
03:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8191SEvB Wireless LAN Controller (rev 10)
So I head over to the realtek site and download their linux driver (released 3 days ago), extract to /usr/local, do a make install, and the driver "appears" to work - I can see wireless networks, and iwconfig now looks like this:

Code:
wlan0     802.11bgn  Nickname:"rtl8191SEVA2"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency=2.412 GHz  Access Point: Not-Associated
          Bit Rate:130 Mb/s
          Retry:on   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=10/100  Signal level=0 dBm  Noise level=-100 dBm
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
Unfortunately, I'm not able to actually connect to any networks, even if they are unsecured. According to wicd network manager, it connects to the network just fine, but is unable to accept a DHCP lease? I know the networks I'm testing this on handle dhcp just fine (and I'm able to get this wireless card to work with windows 7), so this may be some sort of driver issue. If anyone has experience with this particular setup, or has additional troubleshooting steps I can take, that would be great. Please let me know if there is additional info that I can provide.