Thread: SET sendmail authentication error with 1. Spear-phising but not with 5. Mass mailer

Just burned his ISO

Default SET sendmail authentication error with 1. Spear-phising but not with 5. Mass mailer

hello,

i'm trying to use the 1. spear-phising option and the built-in sendmail option ( i enabled it in the config file yes) but every time i select the payload en enter email options i get a "5.7.0 authentication failed"

when i use the SET option 5. Mass mailer and use the 'own server open relay" option it does work with the same emailadresses wich i put in a text file ( legit adresses )

anyone got an idea ?

thanks

L

Default Re: SET sendmail authentication error with 1. Spear-phising but not with 5. Mass mail

Well you could give us some more details, like the steps you follow, have you configured sendmail correct, etc.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

Just burned his ISO

Default Respuesta: Re: SET sendmail authentication error with 1. Spear-phising but not with 5

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Well you could give us some more details, like the steps you follow, have you configured sendmail correct, etc.
    ok sorry.. the steps i'm taking are very basic actually, i haven't done anything with the sendmail config itself and only have edited the parameter in the SET config file to SENDMAIL=ON, that's it.

i can't find any additional steps for making it work with spear-fishing, though it IS working with mass mailer so that made me think that sendmail is working.

the steps i'm taking within SET itself are also very straight forward really, i'm just following the howto's on the SET page and when asked for the emailadreses i first enter the email for destination and then a bogus email, followed by the option to use your own mailserver or open relay, it also asked me to activate sendmail wich i did, and it is running since its working with the other options.

should i check some other configs to get this working ? i cant find a clear guidance.

thanks again

L

Default Re: Respuesta: Re: SET sendmail authentication error with 1. Spear-phising but not wi

Try sending an email via sendmail to check if it is a sendmail issue or a SET one.

Just burned his ISO

Default Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: SET sendmail authentication error with 1. Spear-phising

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Try sending an email via sendmail to check if it is a sendmail issue or a SET one.
    allright, i tried to send mail using Sendmail but i'm a bit confused right now. When i tried to use sendmail nothing happend really, when i tried SendEmail -f ..... etc. it worked, i recieve the mail with the bogus sender. I tried to figure out what the actual difference is between the two but still doing my research i guess 'sendmail' is only the 'server smtp' module?

i try to edit the /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and modify the smtp ip settings from 127.0.0.0 to <lan ip> it still worked but now SET gives me a different error : "something went wrong, printing the error: (111, 'connection refused')

when i undo the changes made in the sendmail.mc SET gives me the 'Authentication failed" error.

thanks again.

L

Default Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: SET sendmail authentication error with 1. Spear-phi

So by using
    Code:
    sendmail -f
    you were able to send an email, it could be that SET uses by default
    Code:
    sendmail
    without the -f flag.