Thread: Wag511

Just burned his ISO

Default Wag511

So my WAG511 finally arrived in the mail today. I boot it up to XP to be sure it is working (it is company refurbished). XP recognized that there was new software and asked me to point it towards the driver, which i did per NETGEAR's instructions. That is where all hell broke loose.. now the card doesn't even seem to be receiving power.. No lights are blinking, i plug it in and nothing on the computer happens. I removed the drivers and tried booting up again and it still didnt' recieve any power, nor did XP recognize it.. sounds like i got a faulty card.. but wanted to see what you guys thought..

PS Backtrack showes nothing but lo when i attempt ifconfig -a and says none found when i attemtp iwconfig.

Thanks, Tony

Just burned his ISO

Well i attempted booting in backtrack again (i'm using live cd btw) and the card gets the blinking light.. so it has power.. yet still when i attempt ifconfig -a all i get is lo .. no ath0 or eth0.. What in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman2343 View Post
    Well i attempted booting in backtrack again (i'm using live cd btw) and the card gets the blinking light.. so it has power.. yet still when i attempt ifconfig -a all i get is lo .. no ath0 or eth0.. What in the world?
    Try "dmesg" after you plug in the card to see if anything gets loaded.

Just burned his ISO

I tried the dmesg and got

pccard: CardBus card inserted into slot 0
    PCI: device 0000:09:00.0 has unknown header type 09, ignoring.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman2343 View Post
    I tried the dmesg and got

PCI: device 0000:09:00.0 has unknown header type 09, ignoring.
    It seems like BT is recognizing that you inserted the card, but I'm not sure what the second line is...maybe a driver problem? Honestly I don't know.

When I did the same thing I got:
    PCI: Enabling device 0000:07:00.0 (0000 -> 0002)
    ....etc
    So for whatever reason BT recognizes you've inserted a card but does not enable it.