Thread: Chipset Vs the injection speed

Just burned his ISO

Default Chipset Vs the injection speed

Hi,

Currently I'm using Prism 2.5 "b" card and injection is working but no matter what AP I "do" and no matter how good power report in airodump-ng I got, injection is slooow. Most of the time I get only 10-30 data units/s.
    One time I managet to get 100/s but never again. On some tutorials I see people got 200-500/s.
    If I switch to Atheros I should get better results? I'm thinking about CM9 (AR5004X) and CM-11/DCMA-82 (AR5006X). I'd prefer CM9 as the chipset is better supported but CM-11 is high powered. Sensitivity is very good at both of them.

Did u change your Chipset ? wouldnt mind knowing how u got on...

Thanks MaxWeb

Just burned his ISO

Currently I'm asking owners of AR5006X at Aircrack forums what they think about it's injection speed and tx power setting issue. I'll let You know here if I get anything useful.

5004x works well for me and runs in BT2 Final with just 1 command to set to monitor (airmon-ng start wifi0).... 100,000 iv's in 20 mins is no problem..
    BT3 Beta
    HDD dual boot install
    Toshiba Equium
    Atheros 5004x

wilkosplus.co.uk

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for answer.
    To people interested in my progress like maxweb:
    I got another reports that NMP-8602 400mW runs at 19dBm max and only person which claimed that it runs with full power is Senao's distributor ;]
    I ended up with buying Ubiquiti SuperRange2 (taken from not selled Mikrotik routerboard or something similar) for 59$ and now waiting for it.
    I hope it it will be already with correct program (check Ubiquiti's FAQ for details)