Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My first successful WEP crack

Itssid

Unhappy My first successful WEP crack

I just did my first successful crack on my own router with 64 bit WEP and it worked out fantastic using airoscript but i am kinda sad because airoscript did it just fine but when i try to do it manually using the aircrack suite it says "THE INTERFACE MAC DOES NOT MATCH THE SPECIFIED MAC" and therefore i cant do it that way so i had to use airoscript. the card i have is a D-Link DWL-G122 vB1.
    can someone please tell me why i get this error when i try to do an arpreplay attack.
    Thanks
    Sid

Ps when i try to use airoscript to do a fragmentation attack it reads a bunch of packet and says that waiting for a data packet and the read goes on forever (past 30 mins) does it really take that long if you have no clients?

EDIT: Problem solved thx baxter

Hello Itssid, what mac did you use when you ran aireplay. if you change your mac to match that one, then you wont get the message. for example if you used aireplay-ng -1 0 -e [AP NAME] -a [AP MAC] -h 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0, then you want to do this first.
    macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 wlan0
    wlan0 or what ever your device is.

i had a fragmentation attack going on one of my routers and not 1 interesting packet after an hour. so yah, it really could take that long for some routers.

hope this helps ya.

Itssid

Thanks Baxter will post if it works after i try it tonight.

EDIT: WORKED THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    now i can do it both manually and using airoscript

Itssid

Red face

BTW i was wondering when i try to do a fakeauth attack on the AP with no clients (my AP) using airoscript a client jons out of nowhere and i know no one is connected. then after many requests are sent and the data rises it disappears................. Please help

i think if you look at the client mac you'l see that it was you. your mac popped up.
    just to make sure this was you and not a quiet device connected to your ap. try this.
    airodump-ng -c 001 wlan0
    change the 001 to your ap channel then
    aireplay-ng -0 10 -a xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx wlan0
    xxxx is you routers mac and use whatever device your card is.
    if after running this command and you see it pop up now and the ap its connected to is yours then cry cause someones using your internet. lol

Itssid

ok when i start airodump why does my beacons rise REALLY fast. BTW i m close to the router. this close ||.

Fakeauth successfull using airoscript but when i tried to aircrack the same file manually it says not enough IVs even though i had like 1 mollion. (the file was made by airoscript)

dont sit so close to the router, try about 5 feet. are you using aircrack-ptw or aircrack-ng, sometimes you need more ivs then what you have with aircrack-ng. do you still have that file with all them ivs. hopefully theres enough arp's in that file so try this if you havent done this yet. download the file with BT,
    http://www.4shared.com/file/14804862...d0/ptwtgz.html.
    it will save to your root folder. rename it to Itssid.tgz
    in your command prompt type installpkg Itssid.tgz
    now double click on that Itssid.tgz you have saved in your root folder and copy the aircrack-ptw to your root folder too.
    in your command prompt type aircrack-ptw yourDUMPfile-01.cap
    see if that cracks it for ya. i really cant remember if you have this already but you can try.

Itssid

Ok when i try to do a fakeauth attack against my AP with no clients which mac (-h) am i suppose to use because there aren't any clients connected and where do i find the mac that i should use and will it be different for every different APs tht i try to crack?

Thanks,
    Sid

Quote Originally Posted by Itssid View Post
    Ok when i try to do a fakeauth attack against my AP with no clients which mac (-h) am i suppose to use because there aren't any clients connected and where do i find the mac that i should use and will it be different for every different APs tht i try to crack?

Thanks,
    Sid
    Holy run-on sentence, Batman!

Search Google for clientless WEP cracking, there are many tutorials out there.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Itssid

Help me please which mac (-h) do i use and where do i find this? do i need to associate myself with this mac before doing a fakeauth??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast