Thread: Can this be done?

Just burned his ISO

Default Can this be done?

I want to put this software into an old dl360 g1!!!!!. The 360 is a scsi only, bios won't allow boot from usb. Now, I have updated all firmware to most current, which is still older the Moses. The 360, like other servers uses a weird setup for the cd/floppy whereby I can't simply pull the cd rom and replace with a dvd. Bottom line to all this I can't directly get a dvd image into this box.

Is it possible to do a bootable spanned cd image from the downloadable dvd image? I do have both Vista and Ubuntu available as Desktops, not sure about spanning cd's however.

Anyone tried this?

Default Re: Can this be done?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Can this be done?

Yikes! Not on that 360, I'm afraid. My weedwacker has more horsepower. I use V'Box on a different machine so I'm familiar with installing guests from an iso, works well. Certainly I will consider that as an option, but will take different hardware. In the meantime I went and bought a scsi dvd player from EBay. Done deal.

Looking forward to playing with this suite. We'll see if it can bring the 360 to it's knees. ( A pair of 900 PIII's and 2G of ram. Rock n' roll!)