So I have exactly NO experience with Linux and decided to jump head first into it with Backtrack. I have a Windows 7 system and wanted to install BT4 on a USB stick to use when I wanted to and not be in the way when I using my system for its primary function: music production. I used the how-to guide on the Backtrack website and was able to get it installed on the USB stick. However, if I remove the USB stick and try to boot into Windows I get a Grub 1.5, Error 21 message. If I introduce the USB stick to the system and reboot I am brought to a menu where I can select to boot into bakctrack or into Windows 7 at which point I can do either with no problems.

As I mentioned, my goal is to be able to boot into windows when the USB stick is not in the system and boot into Backtrack when it is. I'm not sure if this is really possible. I'm sure that I am not the only one who has encountered this and I'm sure that someone else has posted this issue as well but my search returned nothing that seemed relevant to my issue. If I overlooked something I apologize but I would really appreciate any help thrown my way. Thanks! - James.