Thread: gnome-do stable yet?

Just burned his ISO

Default gnome-do stable yet?

Hey guys!

So I've been looking into docks for BT4 r2 and I stumbled on to Archangel Amael's gnome-do tut that was posted back in January.

In the beginning he warns that it is " is very new and as such all of the issues (bugs) have not been worked out"...

Can anybody thats using this tell me if it runs smoothly now, specifically with BT4 R2? I'd rather have no dock than a crappy one.

Thanks
    David

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: gnome-do stable yet?

Did you bother to search google for this information? I mean typing gnome-do will net you a lot of info.
    Further if you want a dock application try looking on goggle for the names of some and see if they are in our repos.
    There is also wbar for fluxbox in BT.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

I ran backtrack on a netbook with gnome-do installed. I didn't know about or follow archangel's tut to get it running, but I didn't have any issues. I think it has with plain jane bt4. No longer have the netbook gave it to my girl after installing ubuntu netbook remix, so I can't attest to how it will run with the current apps in the BT repos. Hope this helps a little.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel-Amael View Post
    Did you bother to search google for this information? I mean typing gnome-do will net you a lot of info.
    Further if you want a dock application try looking on goggle for the names of some and see if they are in our repos.
    There is also wbar for fluxbox in BT.
    Obviously I did at least some of my own research if I was able to find and read your tutorial. Thanks for the suggestions on other dock applications. I'll look into them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by otkaz View Post
    I ran backtrack on a netbook with gnome-do installed. I didn't know about or follow archangel's tut to get it running, but I didn't have any issues. I think it has with plain jane bt4. No longer have the netbook gave it to my girl after installing ubuntu netbook remix, so I can't attest to how it will run with the current apps in the BT repos. Hope this helps a little.
    Thanks for the response. If it was working with BT4 Final I don't see why it would have a problem in BT4 R2 but I would like to hear from someone that's upgraded to r2 for confirmation.

Thanks Again for the responses.
    David

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Ok if you look at my blog you will notice the publish date for this is Friday, January 1, 2010.
    Looking at the gnome-do website will show a release date of June 2009. So again I would ask you to have another look.

As for whether or not it works, I would assume that it does, but I don't know, because I no longer use the app. I rarely even startx on BT anymore. Only when there is a problem here on the forums that requires me to.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.