Thread: Is there a way to get router passwords with Backtrack and if so How?

Just burned his ISO

Default Is there a way to get router passwords with Backtrack and if so How?

Is there a way to get router passwords with Backtrack and if so How?

Thanks.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Is there a way to get router passwords with Backtrack and if so How?

oh mään.. what a question!
    there are sure many threads about that and a few ways to get a router pass. (Sniffing, SE, login cracker .....)
    try to use the search. And/Or ask for more detailed questions. good luck

...haez
    www.h43z.tk --blog

Default Re: Is there a way to get router passwords with Backtrack and if so How?

Check out the "router passwords" thread at the bottom of this page.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

What type of router? What type of service will be accepting the password (SSH/HTTP/telnet)? You need to understand/communicate your requirements a little better.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

BackTrack doesn't get you any ,,router,, password. You obviously can use some of the tools they come with BackTrack.
    Unless you have changed that default password of your router, you won't need any of the tools, just google it.
    ,, It's the flower of light in the field of darkness that's giving me the strength to carry on.,,
    Eli says:,,No, it's, uh, Johnny Cash, Live at Folsom Prison,,

Just burned his ISO

Sorry I wasn't specific enough. It is a Belkin hardware version F7D2301 and it uses either Htm or http cause i don't quite understand what you were asking. Thanks Barry that forum was a little bit more helpful. And for me.haez I did search and it came up with things that weren't even related to my question though I found one thing that was slightly helpful but it didn't help much. And the password isn't the default password because I could just leave the password input box blank and it would allow me to access the restricted stuff. This is legal. I am not doing anything Illegal with this it is my home router. Thanks for all of the help I am kind of just messing around with Backtrack right now and I don't understand everything so thanks for putting up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by kakgaming View Post
    Sorry I wasn't specific enough. It is a Belkin hardware version F7D2301 and it uses either Htm or http cause i don't quite understand what you were asking.
    HTTP is the protocol. I was asking because one common method to obtain passwords for network services is to use a password guesser like Hydra or Medusa, but certain of these only support particular protocols. These essentially try passwords, usually taken from a password list, very quickly one after the other until the correect one is found. Some other options for obtaining passwords are to sniff a legitimate logon session, to gain access to the password database on the system itself, or (and this is a bit of a cheat) find a way to bypass the password authentication altogether. Given your scenario, (local "personal" router, no other admins on the network), password guessing is probably the best bet. Have a look at some of the available HowTo guides for Hydra or Medusa.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Quote Originally Posted by kakgaming View Post
    Sorry I wasn't specific enough. It is a Belkin hardware version F7D2301 and it uses either Htm or http cause i don't quite understand what you were asking.
    Then perhaps you're messing with something that you shouldn't be eh?
    Thanks Barry that forum was a little bit more helpful. And for me.haez I did search and it came up with things that weren't even related to my question though I found one thing that was slightly helpful but it didn't help much. And the password isn't the default password because I could just leave the password input box blank and it would allow me to access the restricted stuff. This is legal. I am not doing anything Illegal with this it is my home router.
    If you have physical access to the router then you can simply to a reset to factory defaults and smile knowing you've pulled off the oldest SE attack known to man.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

But what's the point in doing that if you want to learn the concepts of something you don't just go the easy route. No you take the long way around and do the work yourself and learn along the way.

try this http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html if you lucky enough to get through.....if ok its mean that the owner of the router is stupid coz not change the default password......!!!!happy hunting