Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bt 4 R2 RTL8187 rtl8187 - [phy0]SIOCSIFFLAGS: Unknown error 132

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Bt 4 R2 RTL8187 rtl8187 - [phy0]SIOCSIFFLAGS: Unknown error 132

im alittle on the frustrated side... i have a rtl8187 in my laptop and its been a pain getting it to work with this. i managed the 1st time by i guess just plain luck... i messed up on one part n closed out program to take a look back at the you tube vid to see where i went wrong... upon getting back in it kept giving me unknown error 132.. i found this thread in my search for help i did the
    rmmod rtl8187
    rfkill block all
    rfkill unblock all
    modprobe rtl8187
    rfkill unblock all
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    thing and the 1st time it worked...i was happy n got to the airmon-ng start wlan0 and well was getting very little data packets from only 4 of the 12 listed signals 2 of which were my own... so i shut down to look up sum more stuff... upon returning and retyping this it didnt work when i typed ifconfig wlan0 up it said unknown error 132.
    i tried a rtl8188su but wont work with it and a wg111t and wont list that either.

ive tried restarting the laptop several time and retyping all that stuff but still no luck any suggestions?

Just burned his ISO

For those using a Mac w/ vmware fusion, vmware has pushed out an update (3.1.2) that appears to have fixed the problem. I haven't had the opportunity to test out packet injection, but so far the card isn't being shut off immediately after being plugged in.

Just burned his ISO

Default AW: Bt 4 R2 RTL8187 rtl8187 - [phy0]SIOCSIFFLAGS: Unknown error 132

I have the same problem with rtl8187. Native install works fine but in vmware i got "unknown error 132".
    I updatet VMWare Workstation newest version (7.1.3 build-324285) but the error is not fixed. I also updatet the vmwaretools in bt4r2 vm after the vmwareupdate.
    Still no Solution?

Try bouncing your VM, or restarting your hostOS, and try again.

Try starting your VM with your USB cable unplugged. Plug it in and execute:
    Code:
    rmmod rtl8187
    rfkill block all
    rfkill unblock all
    modprobe rtl8187
    rfkill unblock all
    ifconfig wlan0 up
    All my VMs work great with multiple alfa cards, may be your hardware. When in doubt, run a native instance of BT. Dual boot or run off a USB thumbdrive like I do.

you might need to run it and plug and unplug and run it again, script it all and then you dont need to think about it..

bottom line it works.
    "When you get frustrated, you can swear at it:
    tell me how to spoof a ****ing wireless AP - Google Search" -ThePistonDoctor

Default Re: AW: Bt 4 R2 RTL8187 rtl8187 - [phy0]SIOCSIFFLAGS: Unknown error 132

Hi all I had the same problem as u guys using vmware with the r2 but.....the problem seems to lie with vmwares drivers. Do not plug in the usb adapter until Backtrack is fully booted.
    Confirm nothings attached
    #lsusb
    #ifconfig
    then plug in and (vmware) removable devices rtl8187 should be ticked if not tick it to disconnect from host machine
    #lsusb to confirm its now available
    #airmon-ng start wlan0
    #####################job done##################
    uploading a video on it now to blip will post link ..
    Kind regards dee

Just burned his ISO

I have vmware fusion 3.1.2 and have the same problem with r2.

After the first boot the problem seemed solved but after disconnecting the device once it never worked again.

Just burned his ISO

I've been experiencing the same problem with VMWare Workstation 7.1.3, BT 4 R2, & Alfa AWUS036H (RTL8187). I've tried the method posted in the video with no success. I've made sure to follow the video exactly and not plug in the adapter until the right moment. The monitor interface starts up with no problems but airodump reports the same error.

After browsing some ubuntu forums I found the following fix that works for me:
    Code:
    rmmod rtl8187
    #UNPLUG THE WIFI ADAPTER
    modprobe rtl8187
    #PLUG IN WIFI ADAPTER, WAIT 5 SECONDS
    airmon-ng start wlan0

Since you need to run these commands on every reboot, I created the following script. I boot the VM with the adapter connected then run the script once I'm logged in:
    Code:
    #! /bin/bash
    rmmod rtl8187
    read -sn1 -p "Unplug adapter, then press any key..."
    echo
    modprobe rtl8187
    read -sn1 -p "Plug in adapter, Wait 5 seconds, then press any key..."
    echo
    airmon-ng start wlan0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12