Thread: Is this cheap ebay mini PCI express card compatible with BackTrack?

Just burned his ISO

Question Is this cheap ebay mini PCI express card compatible with BackTrack?

Since my current wlan card isn't compatible with BackTrack 4, I'm thinking of replacing it with a compatible one. Does anyone know if this card (Wireless MINI Wlan PCI-Express Card Wi-Fi Bluetooth 2.0 - eBay (item 360204405419 end time Feb-01-10 05:24:07 PST)) is compatible with BackTrack? It's cheap and it has bluetooth and my laptop (HP Pavillion DV6-1355dx) has an extra mini PCI-E port. Thanks.
    [C. Peralta]
    "Thinking since 1992..."

Default Re: Is this cheap ebay mini PCI express card compatible with BackTrack?

You could use the "Ask a question" on the item's listing.

You could check the Wireless HCL thread, and do some price comparison homework.

You could go here and get something cheaper, that I know for a fact works.
    "Whatever happened to playing a hunch, Scully? The element of surprise, random acts of unpredictability? If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

Besides what was mentioned above, the ebay card doesn't seem to support injection (3dsp chipset, i think). And i wouldn't rely on a multi-function 2 in 1 chinese pci-e card. For the obvious reasons.

Probably not. Just spend another $10 and get the ALFA AWUS036H off amazon.com