Thread: INNSTALL ERROR:"hda1 has file system that contains errors"...?

Hybrid View

Default INNSTALL ERROR:"hda1 has file system that contains errors"...?

That's what I get after I run the GUI installer. I have followed Muts' How to from the offensive security site. I have followed other steps through out this forum...still no luck. I have verified the checksum of the ISO, just in case...I dl'ed another. I have burned at a slower speed. I have used a completely different physical hard drive. Sorry I don't have the exact errors I get something like this when I boot ...things look fine at first then ....

Code:
    "hda1 has file system that contains errors" 
    forced check
    if you are using ext2 you may want to rund ecksf(sp??
    press control-d to start as normal
    enter root password for maintenance.
    Keep in mind that this after the install GUI has ran and completed.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am just going to install XP on one of the drives and do a dual boot install with Back|Track. Folks seem to be having better luck going the dual route. Otherwise I have no problems...I've been running BT from the cd since beta. Good work guys!

Code:
    That would be NTFS, surely

It seems the GUI installer can have issues, and so it's better to follow the guide on how to do it manually. In theory it should be the same wether you clean install or dual boot, but give it a go.

Mother
    In God we trust, all others we monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mother View Post
    Code:
    That would be NTFS, surely

It seems the GUI installer can have issues, and so it's better to follow the guide on how to do it manually. In theory it should be the same wether you clean install or dual boot, but give it a go.

Mother
    Thanks for the reply Ma!

Code:
    That would be NTFS, surely :)
    does this mean the drive is not properly formatting?

Are you speaking of the "How to Guide" by Muts? If so...that's the one I followed. Same results.

Developer

just to throw in my 2 cents .I had no luck with the gui installer even on a clean hard drive. when i put xp on and followed mutts dual boot install it worked perfect except when copying the kernal he commands" boot/boot/vmlinuz". this did not work i got the no such file or directory error but "boot/vmlinuz" did work.mutts lilo config did not work either i had to use the windows bootable partition begins and ends commands. i'm new to linux so i cant explain these issues but i thought id try to share with someone else. thanks to all theposters before me that helped me get up any running.

when all else fails.......GOOGLE