Thread: please answer this.....

Developer

Default please answer this.....

Im very new to linux and "just burned my iso" so to speak. i got every thing going and have brocken a few networks of people i know for recreational porposes only of course. i ve run into a essid prob. ive encountered 3 net works that had a 8 didget number in the esssid colum in airodump but when i replay i get a error.
    i.e ESSID- 3345 6654

its 8 didgets with a space so its not a phone number. i really could use some help .i hope this is somthing stupid. i dont have the error mess. in front of me but i can post it if that would be helpful thanks

Yes the error would help.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by purehate View Post
    Im very new to linux and "just burned my iso" so to speak. i got every thing going and have brocken a few networks of people i know for recreational porposes only of course. i ve run into a essid prob. ive encountered 3 net works that had a 8 didget number in the esssid colum in airodump but when i replay i get a error.
    i.e ESSID- 3345 6654

its 8 didgets with a space so its not a phone number. i really could use some help .i hope this is somthing stupid. i dont have the error mess. in front of me but i can post it if that would be helpful thanks
    i believe when you are entering an essid with spaces or special characters using aircrack, you need to use a '\'.

I.E. "3345\ 6654"

it's easier to use:

aireplay-ng -1 30 -e 'testap 1234' blah blah balh

Also, make sure you have permission - by the looks of what you post, you simply fired up, found some networks around, and attempted to attack them. This is not condoned here, and most certainly illegal.

Mother
    In God we trust, all others we monitor

Developer

of course i would never engage or promote any illegal behavior these questions are purely for testing only. the slash did the trick the other sujested command did not or i did not understand it.error:sojoinex:failed no such device or somthing like that.