Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 98

Thread: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

  1. #81
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4

    Thumbs up Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

    although I have not posted so much on the forums I have been watching and learning a lot.

    although I know all the commands to do job this program is a time saver, what could take 5 minutes doing commands and stuff this program can do in less then a minuet sometimes.

    looking at a screen on a computer on the road is dangerous, and this program lowers that danger by over 80%

    I think this program will do well and will become very popular in a short amount of time, so I hope the community will work hard at perfecting its functionality and implement this program into backtrack, this will save much time in trying to figure things out.

    best regards to the programmers of this program and many thanks for all the hard work.

    I also would highly recommend that this program be a sticky on this this forum for easy finding, i feel its worth for everyone to try.

    again, great work!
    Last edited by sickness; 01-18-2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

  2. #82
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

    First of all, thank you for trying. It's very pretty. But it just doesn't work.

    When first executed, Fern changes my screen res from 1024x768 to 800x600 and then back to 1024x768. Why?

    After Fern is loaded, I perform the initial scan, I'd like to tell what text is displayed beside the button, but I'm not getting up to walk over and read it...it's sooooooooooo small. Once the initial scan is complete this is the info displayed:

    Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method mainwindow.scan_wep of <__main__.mainwind ow object at 0xb743592c>>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "fern.py", line 723, in scan_wep
    detail_process1 = process[iterate]
    IndexError: list index out of range

    When I exit Fern, in the term box, I see this:

    aircrack-ng: no process killed
    airmon-ng: no process killed

    Even if Fern loaded up and functioned properly, everything is far too small to read.

    At this point, for me, I don't like it.

    I am brutally honest, so take nothing personal from what I've said.
    I really do think it's pretty to look at.

    I'm running BT4-R2 fully up to date, and Fern 1.2

    Thanks

  3. #83
    Senior Member savioboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nigeria
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Nebreska View Post
    First of all, thank you for trying. It's very pretty. But it just doesn't work.

    When first executed, Fern changes my screen res from 1024x768 to 800x600 and then back to 1024x768. Why?

    After Fern is loaded, I perform the initial scan, I'd like to tell what text is displayed beside the button, but I'm not getting up to walk over and read it...it's sooooooooooo small. Once the initial scan is complete this is the info displayed:

    Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method mainwindow.scan_wep of <__main__.mainwind ow object at 0xb743592c>>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "fern.py", line 723, in scan_wep
    detail_process1 = process[iterate]
    IndexError: list index out of range

    When I exit Fern, in the term box, I see this:

    aircrack-ng: no process killed
    airmon-ng: no process killed

    Even if Fern loaded up and functioned properly, everything is far too small to read.

    At this point, for me, I don't like it.

    I am brutally honest, so take nothing personal from what I've said.
    I really do think it's pretty to look at.

    I'm running BT4-R2 fully up to date, and Fern 1.2

    Thanks
    ALrigt Alaska_Nebreska i understand your complains, while building fern i did not use any of the Qt Layouts because they did not allow me position the buttons and labels the way i wanted them. but although this ccomes with a disadvantage.. it will depend on a particular resolution to fit the program button and label properly. if you run the application at that 1024x768 with out first of all running at a suitable resolution, the texts will overlap or some text will become big and long to an extent that some get hidden, thats why the program does the adjustments , i explained this resolution adjustment in the google code page of which it is hosted...

    detail_process1 = process[iterate]
    IndexError: list index out of range

    That exception is a bug i can get fixed:


    for the "aircrack-ng: no pprocess killed ":

    A user once reported that after closing up fern, the processes it called were still running.

    therefore when you closed the application, that print out means that while you closed the appplication , aircrack and airmon-ng were not found running in the memeory
    it would have also showed airodump-ng no process killed, but it did not print that airodump-ng no process killed ,beacuse it actually found the process in memory and killed it to free memory

    run the aplication this way to initialize with the 1024x768 res:

    python /usr/local/bin/Fern-Wifi-Cracker/fern.py

    Then please report back.

    Thanks Alaska_Nebreska
    Last edited by savioboyz; 01-18-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

  4. #84
    Senior Member savioboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nigeria
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

    Quote Originally Posted by hellohello View Post
    although I have not posted so much on the forums I have been watching and learning a lot.

    although I know all the commands to do job this program is a time saver, what could take 5 minutes doing commands and stuff this program can do in less then a minuet sometimes.

    looking at a screen on a computer on the road is dangerous, and this program lowers that danger by over 80%

    I think this program will do well and will become very popular in a short amount of time, so I hope the community will work hard at perfecting its functionality and implement this program into backtrack, this will save much time in trying to figure things out.

    best regards to the programmers of this program and many thanks for all the hard work.

    I also would highly recommend that this program be a sticky on this this forum for easy finding, i feel its worth for everyone to try.

    again, great work!
    Thank you very much HelloHello .. Highly esteemed..
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

  5. #85
    Senior Member savioboyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nigeria
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Nebreska View Post

    Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method mainwindow.scan_wep of <__main__.mainwind ow object at 0xb743592c>>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "fern.py", line 723, in scan_wep
    detail_process1 = process[iterate]
    IndexError: list index out of range



    aircrack-ng: no process killed
    airmon-ng: no process killed


    Thanks
    Code:
    Unhandled exception in thread started by <bound method mainwindow.scan_wep of <__main__.mainwind                            ow object at 0xb743592c>>
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "fern.py", line 723, in scan_wep
        detail_process1 = process[iterate]
    IndexError: list index out of range
    That Bug has been fixed

    Update to revision 52

    Code:
    aircrack-ng: no process killed
    airmon-ng: no process killed
    Although there's nothing wrong with this output: nevertheless the function has been replaced with another similar alternative
    That is from : "os.system()" to "commands.getstatusoutput()"

    To verify the fact that , that ouput does not signify and exception:
    try this on terminal :

    "killall ping" Notice the output, it will return "ping: no process killed", because ping was not running on your memory

    then fireup ping like this to keep the process busy "ping 127.0.0.1"

    run "killall ping" again in another instance of terminal and notice the output
    Last edited by savioboyz; 01-18-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

  6. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

    Just got around to trying this out. It worked as should and will deffo save me a few key strokes when needed.

    Keep up the good work.

  7. #87
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

    Hi,

    Sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find the answer.

    Can this be added to the BT3/BT4 Live CD so it can be run similar to other pen testing tools?

    Thanks for answering dumb questions!

  8. #88
    Administrator sickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Behind the screen.
    Posts
    2,921

    Default Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

    Quote Originally Posted by snowman58 View Post
    Hi,

    Sorry if this has been asked, but I couldn't find the answer.

    Can this be added to the BT3/BT4 Live CD so it can be run similar to other pen testing tools?

    Thanks for answering dumb questions!
    There is a tutorial on the Wiki on how to customize your iso.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

    Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !

  9. #89
    Just burned his ISO
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

    let i check

  10. #90
    Member longjidin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kg Lengkong to Bukit Lada
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

    so many GUI for crack the wireless password.......!but i still like using the Old School (CMD) love the aircrack-ng..happy hunting!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. gerix wifi cracker
    By kiloraw in forum Beginners Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 06:31 PM
  2. gerix-wifi-cracker
    By bluebdl in forum OLD BackTrack 4 Software Related Issues
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 07:50 PM
  3. Gerrix wifi cracker problem!
    By silentdan in forum BackTrack Bugs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-18-2010, 04:08 PM
  4. Gerix Wifi Cracker
    By purehate in forum OLD BT4 Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 12:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •