Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

Developer

Default Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

This should go with out saying but any code downloaded is "use at your own risk". Just becasue we allow it to be posted here does not mean we endorse it or have even looked at it. If you get owned its your own damn fault. Also as has already been stated, the OP's country of origin is of no relevance here. I am sure Nigeria is a large country with lots of honest people.

Quote Originally Posted by spudgunman View Post
    this is a bit suspicious... fancy looking app with reference to defcon but nothing in public defcon records I can find about this app or you. also you updated the package 3 hours ago but its still 1.0?

and where is the source code? via google code?

just curious as this isnt a "typical way to release a security tool" dont get me wrong, this tool looks cool and if its legit then rock on. but the only information about you or this tool is here and facebook. sounds like a awesome way to scrape data, i just find that "Nigeria" and 6 posts with a new "way cool tool" to be too ironic
    .. and not getting detailed explanations about code and updates and functions
    This is my first security related tool, everyone starts from somewhere... The fact that many of the members of this forum know about DEFCON does not mean all of them have ever attended it. I am still a student, so i dont have a massive website with my company logo on it with thousands of links on it to google search.... When you extract the content of the new Debian archive ... you find the source code. PLEASE AGAIN READ IT..... certain bugs have been reported and i need to address them immediately which means deleting the old stuff and updating it with the new without having to tag a new version number on it.. And please it would be respectful if you dont reference me with my country.. PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

this is a bit suspicious... fancy looking app with reference to defcon but nothing in public defcon records I can find about this app or you. also you updated the package 3 hours ago but its still 1.0?

and where is the source code? via google code?

just curious as this isnt a "typical way to release a security tool" dont get me wrong, this tool looks cool and if its legit then rock on. but the only information about you or this tool is here and facebook. sounds like a awesome way to scrape data, i just find that "Nigeria" and 6 posts with a new "way cool tool" to be too ironic
    .. and not getting detailed explanations about code and updates and functions
    I have been in contact with Saviour and he is a very nice guy. This is his first project and he is trying to share it with everyone on this great forum. There have been some issues with him setup up the svn on google code so he can post the actual source code with out having to download a .deb package.

Correct me if I am wrong and out of line but aren't we here to gain knowledge and help each other grow?
    I am in the process of trying to help get the svn up and running so please be understanding, if you don't trust the source don't download it.

Quote Originally Posted by cw5301 View Post
    Well it looked good anyway...

Got the source, looked at it, ran it - and it crashed my machine hard 3 out of 3 tries. Haven't tried debugging yet - don't have the time - but python did not spit out any errors when the app crashed.
    When a program crashes, python always prints the exceptions raised.... (fern.py) is the main program ,(execute.py) runs fern.py but first of all cd's into its directory.... The rest are ui generated files...

Which of them did you run?..
    I expected them to be reported as bugs
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Got svn access to the code now get it here fern-wifi-cracker - Revision 4: /trunk hope this makes everyone feel a little better about the code and the developer

Quote Originally Posted by ondrovic View Post
    Got svn access to the code now get it here fern-wifi-cracker - Revision 4: /trunk hope this makes everyone feel a little better about the code and the developer

Thanks a Lot Ondrovic for helping me setup the svn support

And for a direct review of source code directly from google code via your browser. without having to download the sources code;

Theres the Google code Trunk on http:
    fern-wifi-cracker - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

dont take my criticism bad, the tool looks rad and if I didnt misplace my USB wifi right now I would be testing it. it just came about "odd" and I call the odd out.
    congrats on the tool

dont take my criticism bad, the tool looks rad and if I didnt misplace my USB wifi right now I would be testing it. it just came about "odd" and I call the odd out.
    congrats on the tool
    I have to agree with spudgunman. but now that the source is up we can take a look. AGAIN this does look like a great tool and you put a lot of work into it. Don't be offended Saviour when you post your work without source and get hassled a little bit.

I think its fair to raise objections. Cant wait to check this out now.
    "Never do anything against conscience -- even if the state demands it."
    -- Albert Einstein

Thumbs up Re: New FERN WIFI CRACKER

That's really cool...but maybe too easy! Haha. So the idea is we download the source code and compile it ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Sys7emR00t View Post
    That's really cool...but maybe too easy! Haha. So the idea is we download the source code and compile it ourselves?

Py files can be compiled but not like C or other compiled language with (./configure or make install ). The way to use the applicaion is by installing the debian file to make it easy for you or direct execution

Direct Execution:

Note please:
    use:
    root@bt~/usr/local/bin/fern-wifi-cracker:
    python fern.py if you have cd-ed into the directory

and

python /usr/local/bin/fern-wifi-cracker/execute.py if you are calling the application without cd-ing into its directory
    Saviour Emmauel Ekiko

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast