Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: broadcom bcm4318 wlan not working

Just burned his ISO

You're right guys. I'm using native driver. Very sorry for misinformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by ch0wn View Post
    Please, tell me what's happen when you type :

lsmod | grep bcm43xx
    This is the result
    Code:
    bt ~ # lsmod | grep bcm43xx
    bcm43xx               123948  0
    ieee80211softmac       25728  1 bcm43xx
    ieee80211              30408  2 bcm43xx,ieee80211softmac
    As you can see, I'm using bcm43xx.

I thought I was using ndiswrapper because I added 'blacklist bcm43xx' line in blacklist file and changed alias from wlan0 to eth1 in ndiswrapper file.
    But now I see there's no bcm43xx blacklisted.

Sorry again for hope that you may use fully functional ndiswrapper. I'm afraid it's impossible. Shame on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ch0wn View Post
    Zonkers, are you sure that you are using ndiswrapper ?
    Please, tell me what's happen when you type :

lsmod | grep bcm43xx

If it returns, you are not using ndiswrapper.

I'm telling because when I use bcm43xx (native module), my card comes as eth1, BUT when I use ndiswrapper, my card comes as wlan0, and DOESNT support monitor mode.

I have tried with both, iwconfig and airmon-ng.

theprez98, I've read about that, ndiswrapper doesnt support monitor mode, but I thought it supports because zonkers said. But for me, it doesnt work.

When I use the native module (bcm43xx), I can put my card in monitor mode, by iwconfig (I usually get iwconfig) or airmon-ng, but like I said, my signal is a shit, and if I have an AP at 2mts near of me, my signal is about 50%.

btw, if you get your card working well and monitor mode with ndiswrapper, this is nice! I didnt get same
    From the ndiswrapper FAQ:
    Is master mode or promiscuous mode supported?

No! NDIS doesn’t support Master/Repeater/Monitor modes. The only modes supported are Ad-Hoc and Managed. Note that some drivers may support features that are not in NDIS e.g., showing signal noise and possibly Master mode, but they are proprietary and no documentation available for them, so such features won’t be supported by ndiswrapper.
    There is no reason to use ndiswrapper with a Broadcom card! The bcm43xx drivers support monitor mode, and some cards will even inject.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by zonkers View Post
    You're right guys. I'm using native driver. Very sorry for misinformation.

This is the result
    Code:
    bt ~ # lsmod | grep bcm43xx
    bcm43xx               123948  0
    ieee80211softmac       25728  1 bcm43xx
    ieee80211              30408  2 bcm43xx,ieee80211softmac
    As you can see, I'm using bcm43xx.

I thought I was using ndiswrapper because I added 'blacklist bcm43xx' line in blacklist file and changed alias from wlan0 to eth1 in ndiswrapper file.
    But now I see there's no bcm43xx blacklisted.

Sorry again for hope that you may use fully functional ndiswrapper. I'm afraid it's impossible. Shame on me.
    No problem Zonkers! Im sure your information will be very useful for somebody, this is one more way for many people!

theprez98, I know we have bcm43xx module native, and I use it. The reason was that I dont have a good signal with this module, that is UNSTABLE under Broadcom 4318 chipset yet. Maybe it get better on newer versions, but now it doesnt.

As I said at another thread, when I have an AP near me (about 2mts), I got a signal of 50%. I dont think this is good, but I dont have another way
    If you can help us (broadcom chipset owners), please, do it

Zonkers, I repeat, very thanks for the time wasted.

Rgds,
    Adriano.

vnxdragon

Default It work for me

i have a dell inspiron 710m, wlan 1370 Broadcom chipset 4318, using backtrack 3 live boot cd. I was able to crack my WEP connection under 5 minute.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123