hey there,

just got my bt2final hd install up and running. i like to think i know my way around computers...but since im new to linux i don't really have a clue how to get my wireless card to work with bt. so if someone would take the time to give me some advice i'd really appreciate it i've been trying to work it out on my own for some time now, but i didn't really find anything on google, this forum or elsewhere.

i'm using bt on an acer aspire 5051awxmi with a "Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller", at least that's what's bt says when i use iwconfig...on the label on the back of my notebook it says "Broadcom BCM94318MPG" - dunno if that makes a difference since only bcm43xx chipsets seem to be supported?

anyways, bt seems to recognize my card. it lists it under iwconfig as eth1, lspci lists it as well. and according to lsmod the driver is loaded, too. so now, if i use ifconfig eth1 up it says "SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device". but according to linuxwireless.org my chipset should at least be partially supported. my next step would be to try ndsiwrapper, but i'd think it only provides limited support that probably won't be enough to run kismet?

what did i miss?

thanks a lot
elise

edit: i can connect using my ethernet card just fine...just the wlan doesnt work :-/