Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: broadcom bcm4318 wlan not working

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Smile broadcom bcm4318 wlan not working

hey there,

just got my bt2final hd install up and running. i like to think i know my way around computers...but since im new to linux i don't really have a clue how to get my wireless card to work with bt. so if someone would take the time to give me some advice i'd really appreciate it i've been trying to work it out on my own for some time now, but i didn't really find anything on google, this forum or elsewhere.

i'm using bt on an acer aspire 5051awxmi with a "Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller", at least that's what's bt says when i use iwconfig...on the label on the back of my notebook it says "Broadcom BCM94318MPG" - dunno if that makes a difference since only bcm43xx chipsets seem to be supported?

anyways, bt seems to recognize my card. it lists it under iwconfig as eth1, lspci lists it as well. and according to lsmod the driver is loaded, too. so now, if i use ifconfig eth1 up it says "SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device". but according to linuxwireless.org my chipset should at least be partially supported. my next step would be to try ndsiwrapper, but i'd think it only provides limited support that probably won't be enough to run kismet?

what did i miss?

thanks a lot
    elise

edit: i can connect using my ethernet card just fine...just the wlan doesnt work :-/

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy

ndiswrapper doesn't seem to work either...oh well...my wlan card sucks...any ideas at all?

Sorry,
    This was needed on the beta, it's been fixed on the final. I should keep better notes.

Just burned his ISO

The bcm4318 does work whit aircrack 0.9, but only whit ábout 10 pps, download the module for aircrack here
    IF you are using the live cd

forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=6784&page=7

it worked for me today ...... after 6months testing

Just burned his ISO

I have an Acer 5050-5554 with BCM4318 chipset. It works for me, but not so good.

I can connect and use wlan, but the signal is not good, I lost packets and with an AP near (about 2 or 3 mts) the signal is about 50%.

I dont know how can I fix that, but I think this is a new problem of a new chipset. I hope the support get better soon.

At least did you get to connect in AP ?

Cya

Broadcom support is sketchy at best, it can sometimes work for one person, but not at all for another.

To be honest with you, ditch the broadcom cards you will be much better off.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by elise View Post
    hey there,

just got my bt2final hd install up and running. i like to think i know my way around computers...but since im new to linux i don't really have a clue how to get my wireless card to work with bt. so if someone would take the time to give me some advice i'd really appreciate it i've been trying to work it out on my own for some time now, but i didn't really find anything on google, this forum or elsewhere.

i'm using bt on an acer aspire 5051awxmi with a "Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller", at least that's what's bt says when i use iwconfig...on the label on the back of my notebook it says "Broadcom BCM94318MPG" - dunno if that makes a difference since only bcm43xx chipsets seem to be supported?

anyways, bt seems to recognize my card. it lists it under iwconfig as eth1, lspci lists it as well. and according to lsmod the driver is loaded, too. so now, if i use ifconfig eth1 up it says "SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device". but according to linuxwireless.org my chipset should at least be partially supported. my next step would be to try ndsiwrapper, but i'd think it only provides limited support that probably won't be enough to run kismet?

what did i miss?

thanks a lot
    elise

edit: i can connect using my ethernet card just fine...just the wlan doesnt work :-/
    Have you installed acerhk? It is a hotkey driver for acer laptops like launch manager program for windows. If no you cannot enable your wireless card. You can download it from h t t p:// w w w .cakey.de/acerhk/

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by snadboy View Post
    Have you installed acerhk? It is a hotkey driver for acer laptops like launch manager program for windows. If no you cannot enable your wireless card. You can download it from h t t p:// w w w .cakey.de/acerhk/
    Alternatively you can install acer_acpi instead of acerhk to turn on your wireless card. Then just ndiswrapper or bcm43xx-cutter should be enough to get it worked , I mean to connect to AP. By the way, I've got the same card and it works pretty good (even with aircrack-ng and kismet).

Just burned his ISO

When I tried using the 1.0-dev version of Aircrack-ng my broadcom 4311 did not work for some reason. So when I tried the 0.9 version, it worked just fine. Very weird. Hope you get your card working.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by zonkers View Post
    Alternatively you can install acer_acpi instead of acerhk to turn on your wireless card. Then just ndiswrapper or bcm43xx-cutter should be enough to get it worked , I mean to connect to AP. By the way, I've got the same card and it works pretty good (even with aircrack-ng and kismet).
    Zonkers, are you using ndiswrapper instead linux native driver ? Kernel 2.6.17 or newers have bcm support. Im using this native module, but as it is describe in kernel, the support is unstable.

If you use ndiswrapper, and it is working pretty good, please tell us. Maybe I can follow your steps and get working better.

Thanks.

Rgds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast