Thread: iso creation

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation iso creation

im getting an error when i run make_iso.bat on winxp. Something about another parameter required. Ive used the command before on a slackware live-cd i made a while back, but didnt get this error. Ive tried sending the file to another directory, but it says 1 file copied then starts mkisofs, which says missing pathspec. I think ive done something wrong and need to find out what, i checked the Md5 and it checks out. Any help would be appreciated, since im only making myself more confused.

Forgot to mention iso im mentioning is the Backtrack 2 iso. ive tried the beta and final versions with he same results on each.

usage: make_iso.bat c:\new-slax.iso

:error1
    echo A parameter is required - target ISO file.
    echo Example: %0 c:\target.iso
    goto theend
    I haven't used the make_iso.bat, ever, but I have used the make_iso.sh many times. Could you be leaving off the "c:\new-slax.iso" part? You can open the .bat file in notepad, BTW.

If not, maybe a windows user will be able to help. You should also post the exact error message you are getting.

Just burned his ISO

im so sorry i wasted your time, but that worked. I dont remember doing that for my slackware distro, but its been a while since i made it. thank you so much for your time.

Just burned his ISO

Default Hey I was having the same problem than you

Im having a problem with the bat file to create the iso in windows or in linux. IF im in windows i double click the batch file and it just gives me the black screen and dissappears.

IN linux, it creates the iso sometimes but when I burned the computer would not boot to it. So I rather burn the iso from windows but that batch file is not working.

Did you edit something in the file itself? IF so please let me know thanks.