Thread: BT2 hardrive install problems

Just burned his ISO

Default BT2 hardrive install problems

Well, I have had an interesting two days. Been fooling around with BT2 for a bit then wanted it on my HD. Booting from the CD, I had huge hang up issues but with my research found that the "irqpoll" cheatcode worked around the issues and I booted no problem.

After I did the hard drive install, these issues resurfaced and really started to piss me off. I googled, I checked forums, I smacked my head against my screen, etc. Only to discover that the issue was because, in my BOIS, I had my HD set to S-ATA and P-ATA. Motherboard was set to detect either a serial ata or parrallel ata HD, so I turned off the auto and set it to just S-ATA, and VOILA! Thats all it goddamn was!!!

Anyway, just posting this for my fellow newbs. If your stuck, don't look to hard into an issue because it is probably something real small and stupid.

Well, off to try to learn to set up my duel boot. I'm sure I'm gonna have fun with that. Oh well, it's the best way to learn.

One question though, do you guys find lilo or grub to be the better boot loader? I also saw a boot loader that came with partition magic 8.

lilo comes with BT2,
    use lilo... or grub... there similar... and easy to use.
    [FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="1"]Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

Default Got it.

Pretty easy guys, The varios posts show how to change the lilo.conf, but the one thing that is not in all posts, it is in some, is to run lilo to make the changes. I clicked run in BT2m clicked run in terminal window, then ran /sbin/lilo. A few errors popped up, but it told me what line my errors were. Also once it was fixed I had the Autochck problem with my windows boot. Forums told me about the Hidden ntfs problem. Just wanted to say thanx to all the posters in this forum, I would be a lost newb with a comp doing nothin if it wasn't for all you guys.

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation

Well, there is a problem with my motherboard. There are 3 options.
    1)Disable SATA
    2)IDE Controller
    3)RAID controller

I tried using the RAID controller, but it didn't work out. The SATA silicon driver is not being loaded and thus my hard disk is not being detected. COULD ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!??? I've got a lot of hair pulled out from head!!!
    I had rather be hated for what I am, than loved for what I'm not