Thread: ARP replay doesnt pump enough IVs

Just burned his ISO

Default ARP replay doesnt pump enough IVs

hey everyone, i've been trying to increase the number of ivs generated by an access point but i cant seem to get it working fast enough. i have read a bunch of guides and everything, but the results i get dont match what ive been seeing.

heres my specs:
    Toshiba p105 s6147 laptop, Core duo t2250
    1gb ram
    Orinoco PCMCIA 8470 b/g gold card

i start up airodump and begin capturing ivs
    "airodump-ng -c 11 -w log1 ath3"

i then start up aireplay and get the deauth attack ready along with the arpreplay attack ready.
    initiate arpreplay
    then initiate deauth attack

h ttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/deuseximmortalis/snapshot5.png
    h ttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/deuseximmortalis/snapshot4.png

the arpreplay in aireplay recieves the deauth packet. and then begins pumping packets out. so i assumed it should be generating alot more ivs, but its not. then i see a "Is the source MAC associated ?" i dont know exactly what that means...maybe someone else does?

then i wait for IVs but alas, i only get about 1 a second.

h ttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/deuseximmortalis/snapshot3.png

the AP im going for is "Plantationamigos"

any ideas as to why its not generating more encrypted ivs?
    thanks for any help =)

if you need some more info just let me know.

"Is the source MAC associated" im not saying this is your problem but it could be. try changing your mac. your doing a deauth attack so i assume theres a client connected. whats the mac of the client, change yours to match
    macchanger --mac xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx wlan0 or whatever your device is.
    if that doesnt work try http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=simple_wep_crack
    and if that doesnt work use airoscript command: airoscript.sh
    and change your mac to 00:01:02:03:04:05 because airoscript uses that mac untill you configure it.

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the reply.
    so when using aireplay with the arpreplay attack, is my MAC address on my wlan card supposed to match the target client's MAC?

also, i didnt install any extra drivers for my card, but ive been seeing a bunch of threads about how to install madwifi drivers for you atheros card (which is what my card is). do i need to install those? i didnt think i did because ive been able to use all the tools.

thanks again. im gonna go try what you suggested =)

1. is my MAC address on my wlan card supposed to match the target client's MAC?

Sometimes, Some routers have MAC filtering enabled so if there is a client connected change your MAC to the MAC of the client connected that way you can defeat the MAC Filtering.

2.also, i didnt install any extra drivers for my card, but ive been seeing a bunch of threads about how to install madwifi drivers for you atheros card (which is what my card is). do i need to install those?

BT comes with all the drivers prepatched. you can always update the drivers that is always a good idea as the dev teams are always making things better. but sometimes the old rule applies. "Dont fix what aint broke"

In test that i have preformed i have results like your when i am to far away from the AP.

If none of this helps i would suggest using airoscript.sh as posted above. Quick and simple. it might be a easy way out but it can also help in finding what could be wrong with maybe a command missing and so on. If your commands dont work and airoscript does.... you know where i am going...

Hope that helps peace