Thread: metasploit win vista/7

Just burned his ISO

Default metasploit win vista/7

Hello I know most of the exploits are patched on a vista/windows 7 box. I have gotten some exploits to work on my XP SP2 dummy. What I wanna test is my vista/win7 box but was wondering if there is an exploit that would work on anything if you had physical access to it. I have a windows 7 box, but if i have physical access to it how can i setup a meterperter session. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a good exploit/payload. I am guessing I would have to use a social engineering method but I have tried pdf and it did not work.

Default Re: metasploit win vista/7

How much physical access do you have exactly? Do you mean that you can log onto the machine from the console? If so you can just embed a Meterpreter session in an executable and just run it....

Why don't you just install some vulnerable third party software on it and exploit that?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Well my main goal is to get a social engineering attack to work, I have two PCs at home I use one as a victim to practice with. I successfully got ARP poison attack to work, now I tried everything I could with metasploit to get a meterpreter. No social engineering attack even with the tool I could get to work. Could you link me or give me a brief example on how I would embed a meterpreter into the other PC?

I think you should actually check out the SET official site, they have some nice videos that can show you how this is done, also you might want to take a look over the Video section here.
    Back|track giving machine guns to monkeys since 2007 !

Do not read the Wiki, most your questions will not be answered there !
    Do not take a look at the: Forum Rules !