Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Update script for bt4 (update.sh)

Default Re: Update script for bt4 (update.sh)

Quote Originally Posted by spudgunman View Post
    np, finally got around to checking it out on my box runs nice. one Q, I noticed that you left out openVAS any reason?

openvas-nvt-sync
    Ask and ye shall receive: version 1.83
    http://pastebin.com/JVpHCXWc

- Added Openvas Plugin Sync
    - Fixed another exploitdb bug (it was making another exploitdb folder inside the orig.)
    Running the new script will repair the mistake.

I want to add other programs like firefox (ubuntuzilla) to this but want to know how some might feel about adding apt repos from this script.
    "Never do anything against conscience -- even if the state demands it."
    -- Albert Einstein

awesome thanks

re: external repos
    I think its your script and do what you want! haha my feed back would be not to add them by default have a "add 3rd party untrusted" like ubuntu distro's do and might even have a back out command as well (undo) so that if people do a apt update all it wont go insane on them.

I personally never update my browser in BT as I only use it for hacking things, not a daily distro. it is just there to support the plugins that I use and mostly debug web applications. run it all in vmware so if shit hits the fan I keep a snapshot about every month. more important for me is the stuff you got in there already

the coolest thing I think you could do is figure out how to make your script check a source to see if a current SVN release will cause a problem or crash. w3af is always one I just update then like a week later I need to use it where I dont have internet or something and find that my current build was wonky ..that sucks. I like to keep up on msfw but it seems like every time I actually need a working copy I get burnt... never when lab work. haha

also might add a auto update function

Thanks for the feedback!!! How is the openvas working for you? I just figured out how to check the version (lol). should be in next update.

re: external repos
    I think its your script and do what you want! haha my feed back would be not to add them by default have a "add 3rd party untrusted" like ubuntu distro's do and might even have a back out command as well (undo) so that if people do a apt update all it wont go insane on them.
    I would make it an optional update with a HUGE warning on it and back up the sources.list and .mozilla (profiles) folder. worst case they could run apt-get purge && apt-get install then put the folder back. I could make a repair script as well. Just an idea
    I personally never update my browser in BT as I only use it for hacking things, not a daily distro. it is just there to support the plugins that I use and mostly debug web applications. run it all in vmware so if shit hits the fan I keep a snapshot about every month. more important for me is the stuff you got in there already
    I agree completely. But this is where I do my research and it puts me in some interesting places. I found that some sites were automatically added to the noscript whitelist and that prompted me to redo firefox on my build.
    the coolest thing I think you could do is figure out how to make your script check a source to see if a current SVN release will cause a problem or crash. w3af is always one I just update then like a week later I need to use it where I dont have internet or something and find that my current build was wonky ..that sucks. I like to keep up on msfw but it seems like every time I actually need a working copy I get burnt... never when lab work. haha
    Hmmm
    and
    That sucks LOL
    also might add a auto update function
    I have been tossing this idea around for a while. I just got googlecode up and running now I will work on the svn.
    -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

http://pastebin.com/6QXhzbxE

I've added the ability for the script to build aircrack-ng and run its oui updating tool. Both are invoked during the aircrack-ng update and can be enabled/disabled via flags like you can with apt.

For some reason my airodump-ng-oui-update script didn't have permissions to execute. I'm not sure if that was just a fluke on my setup or if it's a common occurrence, so if someone has opted to update their OUI database, it will do a quick chmod of the script beforehand.

Very cool - thanks - This was pointed out to me earlier in the thread. I must have gotten sidetracked. I added this the to current build (1.86)

Firefox was also added but only as an optional update. this won't update unless the -F switch is used.

http://pastebin.com/yqBk3GQJ ver 1.86
    - added firefox as optional update (-F)
    - backs up sources.list and .mozilla folders before updating FF
    - added ./build and airodump-oui-update to the aircrack section

Quote Originally Posted by Picch View Post
    http://pastebin.com/6QXhzbxE

I've added the ability for the script to build aircrack-ng and run its oui updating tool. Both are invoked during the aircrack-ng update and can be enabled/disabled via flags like you can with apt.

For some reason my airodump-ng-oui-update script didn't have permissions to execute. I'm not sure if that was just a fluke on my setup or if it's a common occurrence, so if someone has opted to update their OUI database, it will do a quick chmod of the script beforehand.
    Not sure why you have to chmod yours. mine worked when I did it manually. are you running it under root or using the sudo option with a limited user.
    Last edited by Scamentology; 11-10-2010 at 12:42 AM.
    -- Albert Einstein

Just burned his ISO

No, I'm running as root. Must have been a fluke. Read and write was fine, it just had no execute

Just burned his ISO

I made updating script also since I run few bt4's but mine looks like child work compared to yours

thanks for sharing

Just burned his ISO

hey, don't know what i'm doing wrong here. it says i'm not connected to the internet but I know i am cuz i can do all the updates myself manually and they work fine. BT4 R2 Vmware running with the bridged mode and replicate physical network state checked.

thx for your help,
    Obsidian

Just burned his ISO

Smile Re: Update script for bt4 (update.sh)

The updated script you posted is working good. It successfully updated everything. I saw some more features though like it updating the OpenVPN's plugins, and the firefox option is awesome. Everytime a new update comes out for this script I end up memorizing the pastebin url because I end up giving it out so much. Anyway very handy, cant wait to see what additional options are in the next version.

Keep up the good work!

Just burned his ISO

I got this during the updating

################################
    [i] Updating Exploitdb...
    ################################
    svn: Can't make directory 'exploitdb': No such file or directory
    ./updatebt4.sh: line 433: cd: /pentest/exploits/exploitdb: No such file or directory
    svn: '.' is not a working copy
    cp: missing destination file operand after `/pentest/exploits/exploitdb'
    Try `cp --help' for more information.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast