Thread: Change Password ind Live CD

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Change Password ind Live CD

I can't use 'MySlax Creator' for create a live cd. 'passwd' command dosen't make any permanent change. How can I'm able to change my password for live cd?

Quote Originally Posted by AdorCn View Post
    I can't use 'MySlax Creator' for create a live cd. 'passwd' command dosen't make any permanent change. How can I'm able to change my password for live cd?
    Where do you expect BT to save the new password when you change it?

Just burned his ISO

Password always save in shadow file.
    Note: I already tried to create a simple module with a new shadow file, but after the module loaded successfully I failed to login (login incorrect!!!). There's something wrong with this technique. So, I need to know about the procedure which will be working.

Password always save in shadow file.
    Note: I already tried to create a simple module with a new shadow file, but after the module loaded successfully I failed to login (login incorrect!!!). There's something wrong with this technique. So, I need to know about the procedure which will be working.
    Let's think this through...you're using a Live CD. Do you expect that when you change the password its actually being changed on the CD? The CD is already written. Any changes you make are lost when you reboot.

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by theprez98 View Post
    Let's think this through...you're using a Live CD. Do you expect that when you change the password its actually being changed on the CD? The CD is already written. Any changes you make are lost when you reboot.
    If you use 'MySlax Creator' then you know it is possible to change the password before burn the iso. BT 1 has no problem with 'MySlax Creator', but bt 2 (live cd) use different directory structure so 'MySlax Creator' can't detect it as an slax live cd. Of course all change change will be discard at reboot, except the change done before burn.
    Anyway I don't use cd but usb stick. I can't save all changes I made, because I use different hardware different time. So, I need same solution of live cd and usb stick just a copy of the cd (working perfectly).

If you use 'MySlax Creator' then you know it is possible to change the password before burn the iso. BT 1 has no problem with 'MySlax Creator', but bt 2 (live cd) use different directory structure so 'MySlax Creator' can't detect it as an slax live cd. Of course all change change will be discard at reboot, except the change done before burn.
    Anyway I don't use cd but usb stick. I can't save all changes I made, because I use different hardware different time. So, I need same solution of live cd and usb stick just a copy of the cd (working perfectly).
    In that case I have no idea.

Well . I think it is not very polite to change the password on CD as this is a product of RE , but module way you've tried should work on USB live.