Thread: Malformed Packets HELP!!!!

Just burned his ISO

Default Malformed Packets HELP!!!!

Hi all, im new to Linux and BT, but have been playing around with BT v2 Final for about a week now and it is indeed an awsome and powerfull set of tool, I have one problem though and that is when ever i try and crack my home wireless network all aireplay does is send malformed packets. What can i do, my card is the DLink DWL-G122 revision B1 F/W version 1.00, ive read on this forum that many peole have had success injecting with this USB dongle and indeed have seen the IronGeek vid where a G-122 is used (IronGeek if your out there PLEASE HELP) so i know it can be done, i just dont know how to fix it.

How do you know your sending malformed packets? You should try capturing on a different device with wireshark and see what is truely being sent. If you use the same card you inject with and try using wireshark on that same device. It does show that some packets will be malformed. But, in fact they are being properly sent. After you check with a seperate device if you are still having problems maybe try updating/re-installing drivers. They should be fine though

Just burned his ISO

hay tybalt i have been checking with wireshark as i send injections, thats how i know there malformed. I didnt know that Wireshark would show that packets were malformed if i was injecting and checking on the same device, but its not as though its just a handfull of packets that show as malformed its all of them. And as i only have one wifi device i cant check with another.