Thread: help with wireless

Just burned his ISO

Default help with wireless

Ok, im pretty new to linux. also, i just got a new laptop, which isnt helping. i installed BT4R1 as a dual boot, so my lappy boots with grub. the OS starts fine, but the OS cannot find my wireless card. im running a Realtek RTL8191SE 082.11n PCI-E NIC card. ive tried running all the normal commands in konsole, along with a few i just recently read about. ive concluded that maybe i dont have the right drivers, or my card isnt compatible(which is weird, its a popular card)

where can i get the drivers, and how do i install them? thanks

Default Re: help with wireless

At the risk of starting yet another thread on this same topic which (if history is any guide) will likely go nowhere...

Can you provide some more information. What commands did you run, what was the output, etc. If you dont include this we cant confirm that you have covered all the basic stuff.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.