Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [REVIEW] DX 2000mW dual antenna adapter (RTL8187)

Default re: [REVIEW] DX 2000mW dual antenna adapter (RTL8187)

@Barry: yeah, shame. I liked the dragon on the other one. There's still a backtrack CD included though according to the packaging.
    @Snayler: I gather you have never bought cheap chinese stuff before? Chances are one antenna just isn't even connected to the board.

@Pentest09: Over here in europe, we designate a week by it's calendar number, this week (starting today, monday 18/10/10 (or 10/18/10 for you)) is number 42. That said, I bought it on the same date as you did, so it's going to be close. My order, however, is still waiting for the supplier (probably because I ordered some other stuff with it).
    Student Systems Administration and Network Engineering, second year.
    Don't PM me with questions, unless very specific. Otherwise, use the forums so everyone can potentially benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citruspers View Post
    @Snayler: I gather you have never bought cheap chinese stuff before? Chances are one antenna just isn't even connected to the board.
    Well, I once bought a chinese clone of the Alfa AWUS036E, it worked ok. But after a week or two, the antenna broke. I tried to solder it again on the board, but I ended up making the situation worse. Then I bought the Alfa AWUS036H and my problems ended

Hehe, my cheap alfa clone worked pretty well, noticed no difference with my real alfa (sold both though). Thing is the chinese sometimes fraud with electronics, like the 1 GB memorycards with a controller which reports a capacity of 16 GB.

I trust Dealextreme, but I will remain sceptical until I've opened the unit up and looked at the connectors. Maybe do some testing with a single antenna connected.
    Don't PM me with questions, unless very specific. Otherwise, use the forums so everyone can potentially benefit from it.

Just burned his ISO

I ordered one off eBay a few days ago for nearly half the price DX was selling them.

I paid US$14.49 ($11.50 + $2.99 s/h) shipped to Canada - and it was posted within 1.5 business days! Should be here by months end, give or take several days.

The eBay model comes with 7dBi antennas and is listed at 500mW. From the picture in the description, it looks like the exact same antennas as on the DX unit.

Here's a link to the one I picked up:
    Double Antenna USB Wireless 54Mbps WiFi Adapter New (item 250705240147 end time Nov-01-10 02:26:33 PDT)

Here's a link to the seller's eBay store in case the above link expires:
    Super_Sun Store (SellerID: szsunpc)

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by znarfcram View Post
    I ordered one off eBay a few days ago for nearly half the price DX was selling them.

I paid US$14.49 ($11.50 + $2.99 s/h) shipped to Canada - and it was posted within 1.5 business days! Should be here by months end, give or take several days.

The eBay model comes with 7dBi antennas and is listed at 500mW. From the picture in the description, it looks like the exact same antennas as on the DX unit.

Here's a link to the one I picked up:
    Double Antenna USB Wireless 54Mbps WiFi Adapter New (item 250705240147 end time Nov-01-10 02:26:33 PDT)

Here's a link to the seller's eBay store in case the above link expires:
    Super_Sun Store (SellerID: szsunpc)

Cheers
    Heh, I wonder what chipset this little guy has?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-54Mbps-W...item3cb115367d
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Let's stick to the dual antenna adapter in this thread, allright?
    Having a general ebay/DX/cheap wifi adapter topic might be a good idea though....anyone up for it? We already have some reviews/tests of cheap adapters, so it might be useful to compile a list.

UPDATE and a shameless doublepost. The adapter is now in packaging (finally) and should be here in 2 weeks. I hope it's worth it!
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 10-30-2010 at 07:46 PM.

Hi Fellaz,

Well I have just recieved my Deal Extreme 2000mw dual antenna with the rtl8187 chip and heres wots up so far:

1:Cd supplied doesnt work although it shows bt3 bt4 and vmware printed on it, i cant access anything on it will try it on another drive when i get back to my lab.
    2:Running on bt4 final which works flawlessly with my genuine alpha 1w usb rtl8187 with bt4 final drivers no rtl8187 mod revert, now the ifconfig wlan0 up command takes ages to bring up the adapter 3mins or so and the same for monitor mode. (alpha is done in 5s). Airodump-ng is very erratic and feels like it freezes, the range is better than alpha but at this moment intime the DX 2000mw doesnt feel smooth injection works fine aireplay-ng -9 .

Gonna try it with R1 & BlackHat ed and see if thats any better.

please note using vmware but alpha is sweet in vmware.

will keep you posted

Regards Dee

Well, that's not very reassuring.... Did you open it up to check out the chipset?

No not yet but have just run it on bt4 final and it seems the usb cable supplied is crap so it needs a decent quality cable and seems to work fine now.

The review is done!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast