Thread: Disconnect client from ap

Just burned his ISO

Default Disconnect client from ap

Hi, first of all: this is a great live cd distribution!

But i have one question;
    how can you disconnect a client from a wireless network? I'm trying this at home and i was wondering if it's possible.

If yes: is it also possible if you only have the mac of the connected client on the ap? that you send an deauth packet.

I've tried it with --deauth but that doesn't work.

Grtz Themuzz

Go up to the person on the ap and tell them to dissconnect for a min so you can crack the wep. or open up wireshark and see if your packet are being sent.
    if you really want to be a jerk (like me) send a mass attack.
    aireplay-ng -0 0 -a xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx DEVICE xx is ap mac and device is you guessed it, ur device. Then it will knock everyone off at the same time. Remember only test on your own ap!!! or a firends ap like i do.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Go up to the person on the ap and tell them to dissconnect for a min so you can crack the wep. or open up wireshark and see if your packet are being sent.
    if you really want to be a jerk (like me) send a mass attack.
    aireplay-ng -0 0 -a xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx DEVICE xx is ap mac and device is you guessed it, ur device. Then it will knock everyone off at the same time. Remember only test on your own ap!!! or a firends ap like i do.
    How does your command do a massive attack than when compared to normally craking WEP ? What I mean is, in your command

Code:
    aireplay-ng -0 0 -a xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx DEVICE   xx
    How does your command differ from the "usual" command given to crack WEP (w/o knocking people off) thus causing people to get knocked off? Is it the -0 switch?

Eristic, the reason i use this attack is because, when i have a wireless device connected to my ap and im not using it, its so quiet i cant get the mac. so my normal attack doesnt work. but if i mass attack my ap, it shows up and now i can see the mac. i dont use the attack all the time but it really helps in my case.