Thread: Backtrack2 final live CD freezes on bootup

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Backtrack2 final live CD freezes on bootup

Hello,

I've asked this same question a few days ago seen it got over 245 views but have not got an answer...can anyone help?

My laptop is Acer Aspire 1660 3.0 gig running windows xp pro sp2 and yes I'm using the live cd backtrack2 final.
    My card is a Ubiquiti src 300mW.
    As I've said the beta ver: boots fine.
    Has anyone had any luck with the bootup problem on live CD backtrack2 final?
    I'm still reading and trying to figure out my problem...seems it's common among some laptop owners.
    this is the area I'm having my problems.
    laptop gets this far and stops or freezes on boot up.

cs: IO port probe 0xc00-0xcff: excluding 0xc00-0xc07 0xc10-0xc17 0xc50-0xc57 0xc68-0xc6f 0xcd0-0xcdf
    cs: IO port probe 0x820-0x8ff: excluding 0x878-0x87f
    cs: IO port probe 0x3e0-0x4ff:

I've checked file after download and it's MD5 Checksum Verified also checked disk after burn thats ok.
    I'm currently using the Backtrack2 beta ver:Nov 19 2006 ISO.
    this live CD boots fine..don't know what to try next..at a loss,any help would be great.

Thanks again..

Just burned his ISO

Default Same Problem

I am having the same issue... CD works great in PC but freezes just like yours in my laptop.

Just burned his ISO

I too am Having this problem.

has there been a solution, or is there one i can try?

im a complete n00b to linux, but i am trying, i am reading, i am making an effort. i have three classes this semester, and network + is one of them, our teacher mentioned this, and here i am. i have an Ubuntu install on my laptop, but im running this liveCD for backtrack 2, read similiar problems, wiht certain boot parameters, but it still freezes at IO prove at that specific address.

toshiba satalite laptop, atheros card.

Try burning the ISO on a DVD instead of a CD and see what happens. You never know! Also, where did you download the ISO? What MD5 checker did you use?

0) Did you check the MD5 of the ISO vs the MD5 listed on the DL page?
    1) What speed did you burn at?
    2) Did you use CDR or CDRW?
    3) What software did you use to burn the disc?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

It just happen to me too today..i think the problem is your hardware..But i don't now for laptop because im use PC.Then i try to unplugged and pluggin my cpu cable and pci card the problem solve...

cs: IO port probe 0xc00-0xcff: excluding 0xc00-0xc07 0xc10-0xc17 0xc50-0xc57 0xc68-0xc6f 0xcd0-0xcdf
    cs: IO port probe 0x820-0x8ff: excluding 0x878-0x87f
    cs: IO port probe 0x3e0-0x4ff: