Thread: Customized Backtrack, now I want to have an iso image of that Backtrack.

Default Customized Backtrack, now I want to have an iso image of that Backtrack.

Hi !

I downloaded Backtrack 4 R1 when it has been released. I have installed it on to my hard drive. Then I have installed more hacking tools (Windows and Linux Hacking tools).
    Now I want to have a custom iso image of that installed and customized Backtrack.
    How can i do it ? I have just downloaded the customization script form tutorials but it seems it doesn't copy the hard drive installed Backtrack files...

Any idea, please ?

Thank you !

PS: Could someone said to me what is the size on hard drive of the just installed Backtrack 4 R1 (without any other modification, just the default installation) ?

Default Re: Customized Backtrack, now I want to have an iso image of that Backtrack.

boot from live cd
    plug in usb disk/thumbdrive/whatever
    dd if=/dev/yourharddisk of=/dev/yourusbdiskthingy
    "The difference between RAID1 and RAID0 is that the zero stands for how many files you're gonna have after a harddisk failure."

Default Re: Customized Backtrack, now I want to have an iso image of that Backtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by voidnecron View Post
    boot from live cd
    plug in usb disk/thumbdrive/whatever
    dd if=/dev/yourharddisk of=/dev/yourusbdiskthingy
    How to make a full iso image from that hardrive installation ?

Use the script and drag your additional files into the "edit folder" that the script makes. When you type exit after upgrading the files will be on your ISO.
    This wasn't in the tutorial but it works for me. I put all my customized word lists, installed video drivers and did all the apt-get stuff and it works great.
    "Never do anything against conscience -- even if the state demands it."
    -- Albert Einstein

Exclamation Re: Customized Backtrack, now I want to have an iso image of that Backtrack.

This is not working for an already installed backtrack.

I understand what you want, but I am not knowledgeable enough to get your answer.

What he wants to do is take an image of a live installation, and burn it to an .iso file, so that he can burn and install his customized BT without having to start from scratch every time he reinstalls. I believe Customize BT4 | BackTrack Linux - Penetration Testing Distribution might help you, but it appears to only be relevant for the liveCD.
    This is the sixth time we have created a thread about it... and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

I seem to recall that Backtrack comes with remastersys that would take care of the OP's needs. It should create an iso from the live install of his system...
    It's time to free yer Mind; It's time to cleanse yer Soul